Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's just a bit too quiet...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

My then 2 year old had gotten the sudocreme and decorated our new fabric three piece suite.

We had only got it a week at the time. And it never got clean again.

WD40!!! It would have been the answer to your couch problem. My daughter spread the contents of the huge tub of Sudocrem over my new week old carpet - this was years ago. It was horrifying. Big globs and blobs of the stuff mashed in everywhere. I picked up the spray thing of Vanish that I had in the cupboard and looked at the back and noticed a help line phone number which I rang. The girl on the other end told me on no account to use the Vanish but to scrape up the worst and then spray the rest with WD40. I thought she was joking but she insisted. It took out all the sudocrem and left the carpet looking brand new which is was.

2000+ uses for WD40

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

WD40!!! It would have been the answer to your couch problem. My daughter spread the contents of the huge tub of Sudocrem over my new week old carpet - this was years ago. It was horrifying. Big globs and blobs of the stuff mashed in everywhere. I picked up the spray thing of Vanish that I had in the cupboard and looked at the back and noticed a help line phone number which I rang. The girl on the other end told me on no account to use the Vanish but to scrape up the worst and then spray the rest with WD40. I thought she was joking but she insisted. It took out all the sudocrem and left the carpet looking brand new which is was.

2000+ uses for WD40

:eek: what did it smell like?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

WD40 evaporates and doesn't smell long term.

Magic stuff it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 5 year old says to daddy " mommy was driving like a princess, the car was dancing on the road"

Had a wee skid on the way to the ailwee caves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Stheno wrote: »
    WD40 evaporates and doesn't smell long term.

Magic stuff it is.

Smell was gone within a few hours. Carpet immaculate. Toddler unmurdered.

Magic stuff indeed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Age 3-4, I rolled up the tinfoil from a Cadbury's Rose and stuck it up my nose - luckily my mother's friend was a nurse. I also experimented with my mother's lipstick and denied everything.

My younger brother decided to go drawing on the walls - of the holiday house we were staying in.

A friend's daughter swatted a fruit fly and was about to eat it. :eek:

I've lived with my sister and her family at various stages:
    * Niece #1 age 3, I found shaving her shaving her face in the bathroom (brother in law's razors). Covered in blood, but as they say, it looks worse than it is.
    * Niece #1 age 2, would head butt me when I picked her up from her cot.
    * Niece #4 age 1, face covered in blue. I thought she had eaten a Biro, but luckily it was only chalk. At another point, she used a toddler's chair to climb into the playpen and ended up falling in upside down. My sister felt lucky on the days that she decided to re-sort the Tupperware on the kitchen floor.

Oddly, #2-3 and #5-6 seem to have been sane, although #6 (nephew) is a dynamo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I was four I was messing around the farm
    The dog ran out out onto the slurry pit so I followed :rolleyes: It can be walkable, crust forms on top
    Soon sinking up to my chest in slurry, my granddad laid a ladder across the slurry and came over to pull me out. Few minutes later would have been sucked under
    My dad remind still reminds me of it

Younger brother went messing around the back of the television and knocked it over, an old style one, not a modern thin one. One of them falling on a two year old with kill you. And then he blamed the dog!

Parents put covers on the electrical sockets as I was constantly trying to stick a knife in them :o

The purple Calpol was the nicest drink ever! Drank a whole bottle of that. Nobody seemed concerned........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I've no kids, but a friend's brother applied tippex as mascara when he was about 3.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

went all quiet yesterday when ds little friend was over, so dh went to investigate, found our daughter, son and little friend in the bedroom, on his bed, reading books. all happy and quiet, for 10 mins. :D

lynski wrote: »
    went all quiet yesterday when ds little friend was over, so dh went to investigate, found ds, dd and little friend in the bedroom, on his bed, reading books. all happy and quiet, for 10 mins. :D

Ha ha I was just going to post something similar!

We left James in the sitting room playing with his noisy toys. We realised the noise had stopped so took a peek in and he was sitting on the floor engrossed on the film True Grit! Mike had been watching it and forgot to switch it off. What's cuter is that he had his fake remote and was pointing it at the screen. <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

picked up my 18 month on new years day to receive a headbutt, after a while the pain hadn't gone so i went to the doctors to found out he has cracked the eye socket bone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

caspa307 wrote: »
    picked up my 18 month on new years day to receive a headbutt, after a while the pain hadn't gone so i went to the doctors to found out he has cracked the eye socket bone!!

I think we have a junior martial arts forum somewhere around here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Addison was being very quiet so went outside to find her stuffing whole rolls of toilet paper down the loo... wagon

My middle guy gave me a paper cut on my eye ball, 4 years ago, i still have trouble with that eye as he cause corneal erosion, I had to wear bandage contacts and last year i had my eyeball stabbed 25 times with a needle in hope that the cornea would re-attatch itself to my eye, but it wasn't a 100% success. I don't want to have a corneal transplant so only option is 24/7 bandage contacts and eye drops.

The little guy stuck me a head butt and killed my front tooth, had to have a root canal done. Nothing as bad as a broken bone though.

My little guy just gone 4 is now jumping of the 5th step on the stairs thats over 3 foot high and 5 foot in legnth, little monkey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I lol'd when I saw this.

Warning: Picture slightly gross but absolutely hilarious.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seen that and hoped and prayed that my kids will never ever do this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Something similar happened to me!
    Was away on holidays with a family I babysat for and had the kids in an apartment with me.
    Baby was approx 10 months old and was sleeping in just a nappy with a light sheet over her because of the heat. She had woken up with a dirty nappy and decided to take off the nappy and play with the mess from it!
    I woke up and nearly gagged with the smell in room and had to get another one of the other kids to run the tap in the bath for me and just picked her up under the 2 arms and hose her down!
    Sheets and travel cot were not far off fit for the bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

This thread is great, had me in stitches.
    And as for the WD40 tips, I've bookmarked that page and sent links to my friends.:D

My girl was very good, mostly.
    Aged about 3 1/2 she poured a whole bottle of fairy liquid (the big old bottles) into the washing machine and the dishwasher, and turned them on!:eek:
    That was fun, I had a VERY clean kitchen after that.
    When about 4 her had a pen fight with my brother (who was 22) and wrote all over him, he wrote on her, then I noticed the pen was a waterproof marker:eek:
    I had a girl with funny faces and "tatoos" for a week, my brother unfortunately was in the army and had to go back the next day, and as a result got into some pretty big trouble as he couldn't go on guard duty for 2 days, due to the mouse whiskers and smilies on his face:rolleyes:

The same brother when we were small was known in the local A&E, my poor dad once had to explain how a drunk 3 yr old had broken his collarbone playing andrex puppies on the stairs, thanks to a guest over christmas leaving a can of beer in the bathroom.
    Another time he was playing darts with my other brothers and hit one in the head with a dart, head wounds bleed like mad:eek:
    My dad also caught the boys lowering the youngest out of the window on knotted sheets, they were playing escape from alcatraz. They were on the second floor.
    My poor dad was a saint, how he managed us all I don't know.

• Advertisement

thought my boy was great for eating his dinner, later i went to check the dryer and the door was open and all his food was mixed in with the damp washing.......

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

i think im blessed with my daughter....especially after reading these posts!!! Now when i was a child.....different case altogether- my poor mother!!

Aged 2 i was found next to an industrial strenght bottle of glue, which was empty!! sent my mother into over drive! didnt eat it or anything but being 2 i couldnt convay that to my mam. :eek:

did the whole drawing on the walls with markers and then swearing i didnt do it (expect i knew how to spell my name and it was written everywhere but i still blamed my then 1yr old brother!:))

But, ive saved the best for last......we had got our 1st VCR player (major hi-tech at the time) and i was very impressed that i could watch Ruppert the Bear on repeat over and over and over.....so due to the amount of times i insisted on watching it my mam would leave me in the room on my own. One day i grew tired of Ruppert and decided i wanted to watch Alice in Wonderland. Only problem was i didnt have Alice in Wonderland on video....so i decided to put my book into the VCR. In my head, i thought the book would open up inside and the man living in the tele would tell me the story.....makes sense in a childs head!!!! Needless to say i broke the week old VCR and my mother had to continue making the weekly repayments for something we no longer had. She still brings this up 20years later.....i will NEVER live it down!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Last week i was giving the house the usual going over ... I was emptying the fire and hoovering and washing floors.. had just finished and was bringing the ashes to the bin outside. Ben was in the kitchen in his new car that santa brought so he couldn't slip on the wet floor or crawl all over it and get wet or leave baby footprints all over the place

needless to say when i came back in (gone for about 23 seconds) he'd made his way into the sitting room to the coal bucket where he took out 3 big dusty lumps of coal that covered him, the floor, the car, his mouth and his teeth in coal dust... and what's more he was going mmmmm like he liked the taste of it :eek: because the floor was wet i couldn't hoover the coal dust off it..

i had to hoover him and the truck and get another bucket of water for the floor him into the bath and scrub his teeth, all he did was laugh at me.. i was so sorry my camera was broken for it he was black from head to toe.. big black teeth and gums.. all i could do was laugh..so much for keeping him out of harms way :pac: he showed me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 174

caught darragh brushing his teeth with his tube of e45 cream he had managed to get the cap off!!
    and thinks his poos in his nappy are sausages, i have no idea why, have to stop him every time sticking his hand down for a taste!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Khannie wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed is that there's something amiss if it goes too quiet. I just noticed there that it had gone too quiet. I just found out why....

The 3 year old had gotten her hands on the jar of nutella. I need say no more. HAHAHA. :D:D:D

Similar story cept it was the tin of roses :pac:

When she was younger she used to put her bath sponge in the toilet and suck the water out of it:eek:

I was walking down the street carrying my 4 year old and he struggled and pulled down my top exposing my bra, i tried to shove up my top but he had a firm grip, there was a fella watching and burst out laughing, so did i, what else could i do. I managed to pull up my top and carried on. Little devil, he has gone mad into this thing of pulling my top down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Khannie wrote: »
    I lol'd when I saw this.

Warning: Picture slightly gross but absolutely hilarious.

Oh my little girl had a habit of doing that, sooooooo not funny, disgusting and the smell, thankfully she only rubbed it on walls and we have varnished wooden floors upstairs too but god it was sickening, took a while to get her out of it too.

I knew I had this pic somewhere and had to share it

164109_1732037590734_1532348992_2531406_1488485_n.jpg

Advertisement