Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSX: Deadly Descents

Options
  • 12-12-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like they're going for the darker, serious approach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY7exPB8WYs

I hope they don't lose the sense of fun that made the others so great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Im not sure but it has a whiff of Trials HD with the "Dark Descents". The plural sounds like several mountains you have to negotiate down and find routes via board, wingsuit, icepick and such. While the concept sounds like it could be cool, its just not SSX.

Was "OMG must buy" before, after the video Im "meh, will wait for a trailer or demo".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bit annoyed tbh the direction the game looks to have taken (dark gritty) is completely at odds to what ssx should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah ffs it looks like SSX Modern Warfare :mad:

It also reeks of having Kenect support .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hope it's not like when they tried to make Bomberman all serious. There was nothing wrong with the other SSXs. EA BIG stuff was great. It's like making Ready 2 Rumble all dark and moody. I don't think I like the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

when he said "i dont think il make it" in the trailer i cringed :( when would you have heard any of the previous cast form ssx say that? if they where going off a cliff with a wing suit they would have been going nuts with crazy joy :D any idea whos deving the game? i think criterion should do it as they have that same ott attitude with burnout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No no no no no! That isn't SSX. What we want is SSX Tricky 2, what we look like getting is Call of Duty: SSX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

SSX Tricky remake please!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Call Of Duty players aren't the only market out there, christ. The more I think about this the more I worry. It's looking like it's lost all it's charm.

/goes to attic to fetch my ps2 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gah, i played SSX3 and Tricky to death, absolutely loved those games. This feels like a slap to the face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Didn't someone try this already, Dark Summit or something. I remember a snow boarding game with spies and fenses and vats of acid. It wasn't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep it was Dark Summit alright, and it was absolute ****e.

Where as this, still looks better than that new SSX intro, even though it's nearly a decade old.

:eek: Wow that really has aged well!!!!!! If they said they were releasing Tricky tomorrow and it looked exactly like that, no updated graphics etc I'd say sure here's €50 !!!!!

Edit Just got a copy for 75p + 1.99 delivery :)

Updated trailer as previous one removed.

Hm. It does seem a tad serious. I absolutely loved SSX: Tricky. I would get so anal about getting everything perfect, that even the slightest move out of place would cause me to restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

SSX3 is one of my all time favourite games. On Tour was a bit 'meh' - just couldn't get into it. I'll defo check out Deadly Descents.

Going to buy a Wii soon because there's a couple of games I've an itch to play. Is SSX Pure one to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Details form EA;
    Welcome back to the SSX universe with SSX: Deadly Descents, a redefining spin on the franchise that pits some of the greatest SSX riders against mountain, man, and the elements in classic SSX gameplay. Explore and trick your way across the world with an expert team of snowboarding aces who seek to become the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet in true SSX race and trick-style fashion.

The Team will journey to the farthest, most remote regions of the world to take up the challenge of not only descending unsafe terrain with SSX flare - but of surviving the worst Mother Nature can throw their way. Explore the world’s mountain ranges from the peaks of the Himalayas, where air is so thin riders have to speed through death zones just to draw a breath, to Antarctica’s solid ice ranges, where racing down a razor thin sunlit line is the only way to survive one of the coldest places on earth.

Using an innovative procedural authoring tool called Mountain Man – you will explore, survive, and shred your way through 70 epic real-world mountains with SSX style face lifts on your way to entering the record books. The goal is to survive and, in true SSX fashion, look good doing it.

HimalaysIceLeap_BorderWM_656x369.jpg?cb=1297130876
    Gulmarg_BorderWM_656x369.jpg?cb=1297130876

Advertisement