Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal amount of water to extract when using a dehumidifier?

• 12-12-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

There was an unusual amount of water building up on my windows in the morning, to the point that it was dripping off the windowsill.

I got a dehumidifier and ran it for a few hours a day over a week.
    This sorted the problem and in the mornings the windows are practically clear.

I still occasionally run it for a few hours every two weeks or so and it collects maybe half a liter over the space of 3-4 hours. Is this a normal amount of moisture to collect.
    The room is not damp or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I'm no expert in how much water is normal etc. but in this weather I'd personally not be concerned as theres alot of condensation about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If the humidity in my house is above 55%, my dehumidifier will pull about 5 litres out of the air in about 8 hrs. It all depends on the temperature, humidity level and size of your dehumidifier so 'normal' is a rubbery concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i suppose what im wondering is half a liter a lot of water to be in the air in a room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

i suppose what im wondering is half a liter a lot of water to be in the air in a room?

Its not just in the air. Anything else that contains moisture in the room will add to it. Plus everytime someone opens the door, more moisture gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭neeb

Half a liter would be very little in a room, especially one thats in use o near a kitchen or bathroom.
    The temperature also makes a difference, warmer air holds more moisture, will take it up from the walls and furnishings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement