Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not what was ordered.

Options
  • 12-12-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

My wife put a deposit on a piece of jewelry for my daughter. She had seen a piece in the shop and wanted the same thing. Basically it was a name in 9ct gold with chain. Went in this morning to pay final deposit and collect but the piece is totally different to what she ordered.

They said they could correct it for €50. She said no. She wanted what she ordered for the price agreed initially and if they couldn't do that she wanted her money back. They said no to that but could issue a credit note. My wife insisted on her money back. Assistant rang the manager who said she wasn't entitled to credit note or money back and she had to pay for the piece as it stood.

The girl who took the order initially admitted the piece was different to that ordered but was over ruled.

What do we do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The assistant manager is correct in one respect, she is not entitled to a credit note but she is entitled to the product ordered or her money back.

Send a formal complaint in writing to the company, seeking the product ordered or a full refund within a reasonable period (e.g. 10 working days). She may have wanted the item for Christmas but that's irrelevant unless it was term of the sale. If you get no joy spend €15 and register a claim through the Small Claims Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Good news for a change. My wife got to speak with the shop manager this morning and having made him aware of her rights under the sale of goods act he offered a full refund which has been collected. Her business, needless to say, has gone elsewhere.

Advertisement