Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe Bomb found under car beside The Wright Venue last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dive Dive Dive.. as far as Im concerned.

There was a pipe bomb under a car in the vicinity of the club - not inside it. Also, the man that was killed happened to be in the club that evening - he was not stabbed in the venue as far as I know.

So don't start rubbishing the venue for actions beyond their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ah g'way. Where did I say that the pipe bomb was in the club? I know full well where it actually was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LittleFoot1

Larianne wrote: »
    No, not at all. Swords is a grand area to live in. Never felt unsafe there in my life!

True that homeslice

Obviously there are certain things you shouldn't be doing but generally it isn't unsafe

Where did I say that the pipe bomb was in the club?

You alluded to it in a previous post that has since been removed as it was potentially defamatory...

<snip>

Alluded to it.. youre takin the mick. We all know it was under a 4x4 near the club, whens the last time you saw a 4x4 inside a nightclub. All the things I mentioned are connected with the club, not necessarily on the bladin dancefloor.

• Advertisement

What proof do you have that these incidents are "connected to the club"?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

AFAIK there is nothing in the public domain stating this incident is directly linked to the club. Any suggestion of a link is therefore speculation.

If you do have a reliable public source for a connection, please feel free to post it. However please do not speculate about this incident.

Thanks

Beasty

The title of the article in the OP is Defused nightclub bomb 'could have been fatal'

"The pipe bomb was found under a Range Rover in a car park next to the Wright Venue nightclub" - Did you both miss that part of the article?

The dude who was stabbed at least visited the club on the night, that much is public knowledge. <snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No-one is disputing where this was found. However you are suggesting this is in some way linked to the establishment. Your wording implies the establishment may have been deliberately targetted, and so far as I am aware this has not been established.

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Lux23 wrote: »
    So Swords is rough now? My god I wonder how all you would cope where I live!!

With a big population of around 45,000 its very rare to see Swords on the news.....its actually a very safe place live.

Also alot of the trouble seems to come from people visiting from north inner city towns.

• Advertisement

My wording implies nothing, I read the same article as the rest of you and as such know nothing more that what is common knowledge at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement