Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need

Options
  • 12-12-2010 3:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Build a computer about 2 yrs ago,we recently got wireless,what do I need to connect it the wireless network,my computer does not have wireless card inside it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Build a computer about 2 yrs ago,we recently got wireless,what do I need to connect it the wireless network,my computer does not have wireless card inside it.

Any USB wireless card should work fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a vodafone modem/wireless router,Do I need to buy a specific one for it to work?

I have a vodafone modem/wireless router,Do I need to buy a specific one for it to work?

No.Any ol' USB yoke at all should do as long as it's not some cheap ol' yoke ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement

would something like this be ok?

Yes though if you don't have an 'n' wireless router, this might be overkill. No harm to have the extra capability though.

Heres an noob question for ya,how do I know if I have n band or g band?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

check your wireless specs, but i am guessing you have g if build it two years ago

Well we only got the new modem last month and it has the wireless built in but if I did buy that adaptor and I do have g would it still work ok?

Well we only got the new modem last month and it has the wireless built in but if I did buy that adaptor and I do have g would it still work ok?

Yes. It will work with b, g & n.

• Advertisement

Advertisement