Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FUEL CARTEL ?

• 12-12-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

is there some sort of price fixing going on with the fuel prices in waterford
    there used to be a few places round 3-5c cheaper than others but now they all seem to be near round the same...
    also passing through dungarvan found the deisel is way cheaper petrol too round 8% so whats going on with the prices up here?

dungarvan 11-11-10 petrol 130.9
    diesel 123.9

waterford 11-11-10 petrol 139.9
    diesel 132.9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

€1.34 for petrol in Amber on Paddy Browns Road,but according to pumps.ie discount fuels is the most expensive at €1.40

Dungarvan actually has the cheapest petrol in the country at €1.26 in campus Kilrush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am almost sure it's not that price in Kilrush now. I will check later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I noticed the night before the budget price hike, diesel was already 130.9 in Waterford while it was only 127.9 in Wexford - is this a case of thinking people wouldn't notice an extra few cents and would put a price increase down to the budget?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topaz in Waterford has always been expensive. Maxol seems to be barely any, if any, difference with the price from Topaz.

Tesco can vary. The Amber station seems to be the most cheapest, along with the place across from the college. Both are the cheapest in Waterford I have found.

Dungarvan has always been cheaper for petrol in the past few months - big differences.

Dungarvan actually has the cheapest petrol in the country at €1.26 in campus Kilrush.

€1.36 per liter for petrol at Campus in Kilrush, Dungarvan. Diesel is €1.26

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    €1.36 per liter for petrol at Campus in Kilrush, Dungarvan. Diesel is €1.26

Yeah i thought that wasn't right,before the budget the cheapest was around 1.27, don't see how anyone could make a profit at them prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

When the world recession abates the price of petrol and home heating oil in this country is going to be savage:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

long gone are the days of 50 mile for a fiver,ahem kilometers:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

filled up on the morning of the budget in the Top in Ferrbank for 130.9 the following day it went up 8c !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Was in Tesco in Tramore on Sunday - before the budget the price of diesel was 122.9 but on Sunday it was 128.9.

When I queried it saying the budget only put it up 2c I was told they (Tesco) are always at things like that!!!

• Advertisement

Perhaps a price increase coincided with the budget increase. I know all of the petrol stations near me increased their prices in the days leading to the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

135.9 in the autoport now

141.9 in maxol and topaz :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Typhoon. wrote: »

141.9 in maxol and topaz :mad:
    day light robbery!!!! wonder what the excuse is????

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

amber today:
    petrol 1.37
    diesel 1.29

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's crazy alrite!

I remember when people were going ape sh!t when the petrol price got to 99.9cents about 7-8 years ago! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

i dunno what to say when oil was €150 a barrell we had these prices on fuel now its €90 theres no justification for these rip off tariffs even taking into acc the currency fluclations

Advertisement