Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSD Carlow

Options
  • 12-12-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I was just wondering if anyone was offered a position in MSD Carlow recently and how long the process took?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

Just in case any local job hunters have missed the radio ads etc in recent days MSD Carlow are currently recruiting.

http://www.msdcarlow.com/apply-now.asp

Good luck to anyone interested.

Note to Mods - As there was already a thread created with a relevant title I thought it correct to bump it, especially if it causes the O.P. to get a notification. I'm aware that there has been discussion about bumping old threads in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

I have a question regarding MSD on my mind for a long time which is HOW MANY NATIVE CARLOW PEOPLE ARE EMLOYED THERE? By that I mean strictly native and just not having moved to Carlow to take up employment with the company. The reason I ask is I am wondering if the company is of benefit to local people in terms of direct employment. The qualification requirements of the company for potential employee's is very high, is the education/training resources in the locality sufficent to meet these requirements? I do realise that many of the top end jobs would possibly have to be filled by people from outside Carlow but what about jobs such as production operator or material handler? I fully realise that all employment that is available is more than welcome but would it have been better to have industry in the locality that the local skills and experience are suited to? I possibly am wrong but off the top of my head I cannot think of any significant pharmacutical industry in Carlow before MSD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I am on-site in MSD at the moment , working as a contractor. To be honest there is quite a few people working here from Carlow in all areas of the company that I can see. A lot of the high end positions in companies like this are rarely local and I know this as I see it in a lot of factories I work in all over Ireland. These highly skilled and educated people are good people to have living in the community of Carlow as a whole.
    From what I see there is a fair few people (natives as you call them) in here that previously worked in other plants that have struggled and thankfully moved back to get work in MSD.
    There is a lot of locals employed in services in here i.e cleaners canteen, security etc. the carlow accent is easy enough to hear in people.
    This is a very high end production facility. The operations and equipment is 100% state of the art so the people that work here , even as operators need to be highly skilled.
    In relation to the training and education that you talk of , I'm told Carlow IT is a very highly regarded with the graduates it produces year on year.

To be honest , I think you need to not make an issue of who the company employs and where they are from. Outside investment and opportunities coming into Carlow are good for everybody in the long run. They all bring money to the local economy in one shape or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

kwalshe wrote: »
    To be honest , I think you need to not make an issue of who the company employs and where they are from. Outside investment and opportunities coming into Carlow are good for everybody in the long run. They all bring money to the local economy in one shape or another.

I think this is the key with any jobs being created in Carlow at the moment (even when looking at Penny's redevelopment), it may be that not many natives are employed but look at the money that is then recirculated into the local communities from that persons wages and the resulting jobs that are created from that spending.

Advertisement