Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atari/Commodore 64/ZX Spectrum... as seen in the Argos '85 Summer Catalog

• 12-12-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this was posted before, but I thought some people here would like a look...

Click here to view more of it, or just click the pictures, so that you can read the writing...

ATARI
    3593461754_9fece4d664.jpg

Commodore 64
    3592657253_670a949e69.jpg

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    3593465768_0af9ff895c.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We had that Sinclair, oh memories =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Ah thats hilarious :D Thanks OP for posting that up! Wow that rubber keyboard Speccy really was good value for the time wasn't it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Imagine the poor kid who leaves that section of the catalogue open for the parents to see, and winds up getting the Atari...
    Much tears ensure, followed by sniper rifles, water towers and supermarket carparks later on...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

C64 was my baby. Was never that fond of it and always wanted a NES. Think the arcades corrupted me to my japanese videogaming ways. Still there was a few absolute gems on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

ah indeed the memories.
    I started with the speccie.
    My parents had it on top of their wardrobe (hidden for Xmas) and I used to go into the room every few days when they were out and read the manual and check out the game pack etc..
    Panama joe and chequered flag to mention but 2.

Kept that till about 1984 and then went to commodore.
    I have to say i preferred it, still play the games on both platforms.
    2 great machines when games were all about playability not flash graphics and fmv etc (or about rob hubbards music and less about the games :D)

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Only had a C64 in those days, great machine but the Speccy looks so futuristic and amazing, the case it comes in is something I'd love to have so neat and tidy, just gorgeous:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

pdbhp wrote: »
    Only had a C64 in those days, great machine but the Speccy looks so futuristic and amazing, the case it comes in is something I'd love to have so neat and tidy, just gorgeous:D

Haha futuristic! It had the build quality of the two cornflakes packets taped together, but it did look cool. All those dodgy switched joysticks... Jesus I broke a few of those back in the day. Ironic really that I could fix them myself now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I can remember my Megadrive pad buttons got a bit messed up when I was about 10 or so and I was too afraid to open it up in case I damaged it further. I wouldn't have been able to afford a new one.

Sent it off to my friends dad who took it apart and moved the rubbers under the buttons around. I thought he was a genius for fixing it.

Thems were the days :D

Advertisement