Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With English LC essay please!!!

• 12-12-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

hi! i'm so clueless what to write about for this essay. ..
    so just wondering if anyone have any ideas what to write for this?

“…Someday I hope to come up with a get-rich idea…”
    Write a magazine article (serious or light-hearted) in which you outline a get-rich idea
    of your own.

i just can't think of anything possibly because i don't really wanna be rich myself and i believe the world is too materialistic. .

could i write it about rich in spirit?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

yeh i was thinkin the same thing :) the SEC seem to reward innovation. rich in spirit is a great idea! and u could easily bring in your views on materialism then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

If there was ever a time that Ireland needed a get-rich idea it is now. We owe close to one hundred billion euro. Some say it is closer to a quarter of a trillion. I think that’s thirteen zeros after the two five. That’s a lot more people than there are in the world. In a nutshell, we owe everybody in the world a lot more than a euro. So how do we get rich quick? We need an idea. Well I have one.
    It is blatantly obvious there is not enough cheese in Ireland. How do we know this? Because the government were boasting about giving out free cheese only a few weeks ago to raise our spirits. But this wasn’t Irish cheese. It had to be shipped in from Europe. Therefore we need more cheese. To make more cheese we need more cows, and this is where the recession is our saving grace. The death of capital spending means that there will not be another road built in Ireland for the next two hundred years. That means more grass. And grass means cows. Cows mean milk. And milk means cheese.
    So how do we get our hands on this grass? Again this is where the recession has saved us. We have a growing Irish population scattered around the world in places where there must be grass. Why should we destroy Ireland by using our own grass when we can get it posted in? So that’s the idea. Get on your emails, your texts, your snail mail and beg borrow or steal any blade of grass you find growing outside this green island. Tell your brothers and sisters cousins and grannies afar, we don’t want your dollars, your new Zealand sausages, your Chicago puddings, your LA pork pies. We want your grass.
    All get-rich ideas need a marketing campaign. This is where Transvision Vamp’s song ‘I want your love’ comes in. Well in Ireland we don’t want your love.
    We want your grahhaass
    We want your graaahhhhaaaassss
    We don’t want your money honey we want your grass
    We want your ****ing graaaaaaassssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

soup1 wrote: »
    yeh i was thinkin the same thing :) the SEC seem to reward innovation. rich in spirit is a great idea! and u could easily bring in your views on materialism then

thanks! i just wanted to make sure that idea would be ok :) cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

pathway33 wrote: »
    That has got to be the cheesiest post EVAR in this forum! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

doyler101 wrote: »

Write a magazine article (serious or light-hearted) in which you outline a get-rich idea
    of your own.

i just can't think of anything possibly because i don't really wanna be rich myself and i believe the world is too materialistic. .

just go with whatever you think! yes the sec does praise original ideas and now is a great time to practice ideas which are different! your teacher will point you in the right direction if she thinks it doesn't match the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I agree with this - I think the key is in the phrase "Some day..." - its not like they are saying "I have a get rich scheme now"

You could just outline the aspects of life with money that you like - money for college, dream car, ability to travel to any gig abroad you want etc - then outline how your life is ok as it is - rich in spirit. I suppose you would need to put in at least one paragraph on actual get rich quick schemes - I'm sure you could google that and put in amusing anecdotes about failed bankrobbers and inventors etc.

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars - especially tonight:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

+1
    stick with that idea, forget any other (as suggested by some). and make it contemporary to Ireland's current situation, try to include quotes from SVdeP and similar - a little research. twill be a winner (one of many, if others read this thread...still, worth doing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

doyler101 wrote: »

of your own.

You could say something along the lines of I hope to come up with a get-rich quick idea that wont ruin the country, obviously referring to the lending crisis and property bubble that has destroyed the country. You can then blabber on about the celtic tiger and all this crap

Advertisement