Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Matt Wins The X Factor Tonight He Will Release a Biffy Clyro Song

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I think I'm going to be sick

rockers_1783498c.jpg

But, if Matt Cardle wins the X Factor in about three hours (and he is favourite to do so), he is going to release Biffy Clyro's 'Many of Horror (When We Collide)' as his 'Winner's Song'

First of all, and no disrespect to Biffy, but they've been taken as a struggling Indie band on the college circuit and almost thrown into festival headlines and multi million dollar record contracts in a few short years and surely Matt covering a song like this - by a band who are set to headline Sonisphere 2011 - is a massive attempt by Simon Cowell to bring across some of those who voted against him in the Rage Against the Machine Xmas No 1 fiasco

I'm personally disgusted by X Factor leeching off a well established band, who have tried for many years to gain accreditation, and taking their songs and recycling them in the same way the likes of Miley Cyrus have allowed before. And if Biffy have allowed these songs to be covered by X Factor, then shame on them, for allowing this corporate marketing machine to simply offer them money and success and going along with it all - perhaps they believe they're going to change something?

Does anyone else find something wrong with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Well they dont deserve the sonisphere headline slot for one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm personally disgusted by X Factor
    Me too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I go to this forum so I don't have to hear about this sort of bollox...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

have to say i was very pissed off to hear this he ruined it and if he wins it will be known as his song rather than a biffy clyro song as they are obviously not as well known as the puppets that come through x factor

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I go to this forum so I don't have to hear about this sort of bollox...
    Agreed but I think in this case the thread is relevant to the Rock & Metal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

blue movie wrote: »
    have to say i was very pissed off to hear this he ruined it and if he wins it will be known as his song rather than a biffy clyro song as they are obviously not as well known as the puppets that come through x factor

Don't worry, by January when everybody is wondering who won it, they'll be saying he sang that Biffy Clyro song.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't worry, by January when everybody is wondering who won it, they'll be saying he sang that Biffy Clyro song.

hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They'll know how Journey feel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well bad news lads . Its gonna be released since he won.
    Agreed people will prob think he wrote the song himself , similar to when Westlife covered this and people will associate with Westlife instead of Daughtry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Wonder would the original make it to No.1?

• Advertisement

Well it made number 20 when released , could see if climb back into the charts . Would love if the original got more buys

Well it made number 20 when released , could see if climb back into the charts . Would love if the original got more buys

Facebook group:p

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

X Factor changed the name of the song... I would have thought the guys in biffy would have had a little bit more integrity than to allow that. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Gonna have to laugh at the idea of an x-factor song being played by a headliner at Sonisphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Isn't there more than enough songs in the pop market for them to shamlessly cover rather than dipping into a market that is fundamentally the complete opposite of what that show stands for? Complete and utter bastards. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Okay so we should definitely start a campaign to get the original above the X Factor version. It's only fair that Biffy get the recognition they deserve. Who's in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pretty indifferent to this really. Don't like Biffy Clyro, hate the X-Factor. As was said, in a few months time, people will probably struggle to remember the winner of this, at least Clyro are relatively famous.

Okay so we should definitely start a campaign to get the original above the X Factor version. It's only fair that Biffy get the recognition they deserve. Who's in?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Lets-Get-Biffy-Clyros-Many-of-Horror-to-Number-One-for-Christmas-2010/113266465409399

X Factor changed the name of the song... I would have thought the guys in biffy would have had a little bit more integrity than to allow that. Disappointing.

Isn't it Many of Horror (When We Collide) they used? Cos he doing the radio version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Nolanger wrote: »

Insanely more wealthy ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nolanger wrote: »
    A desire to kill the cast of Glee?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I hate X Factor and I hate Biffy Clyro, so I couldn't really give a ****.

Nailz wrote: »
    I hate X Factor and I hate Biffy Clyro, so I couldn't really give a ****.

Care enough to post in a thread bout it though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mushy wrote: »
    Care enough to post in a thread bout it though:p
    Or, I care so little, I'd like to point out how little I care... ;)

just lol.

zuroph wrote: »
    just lol.

I'm glad I managed to inadvertently make your evening slightly funnier than it originally would have been.

it will never happen, and starting such a campaign at worst would achieve nothing, at best it would further dilute all the other stupid campaigns that have been started, such as bird is the word, and cage against the machine. Its pointless, and not going to achieve anything.

zuroph wrote: »
    it will never happen, and starting such a campaign at worst would achieve nothing, at best it would further dilute all the other stupid campaigns that have been started, such as bird is the word, and cage against the machine. Its pointless, and not going to achieve anything.

Still no harm in trying.

Even if Biffy got a decent spot it would make people more aware of the original artist, which would still be a fair enough achievement.

Also, Bird Is The Word is a decent contestant for No.1, it's got about 600,000 fans on the main fan page, currently.. I wouldn't rule them out yet!

• Advertisement

Rather "Surfin' Bird" to either the X Factor thing, or the original tbh.

Advertisement