Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Matt Wins The X Factor Tonight He Will Release a Biffy Clyro Song

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

kippy wrote: »
    Ah man,
    You're just the kind of person I was talking about in an earlier post.
    Classic example.

meh. Im entitled to a opinion. Doesnt make you any better than me.

Oh I saw your post, I like Bon Jovi, they are miles bigger than Biffy clyro and Matt cardle put together, like tallica , acdc, I do like classic rock and bands that were major mainstream in the 80s.

My opinion is they are both ****e and i dont see the suprise in it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

kona wrote: »
    meh. Im entitled to a opinion. Doesnt make you any better than me.

I didnt say I was.......

You have your opinion, I have mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

If any one of you think that Biffy aren't interested in the royalties that will be generated for them by the airplay/sales of this song think again.
    If they're not interested in the money, they could put any earnings from it to charity and make publicity that way.

Pretty sure they'll be happy to take the xmas pressie of a couple quid and exposure that will come from all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jem_

kippy wrote: »
    Ah man,
    You're just the kind of person I was talking about in an earlier post.
    Classic example.

This is metal forum babe you know blood, doom, skinless bodies, screaming stupid metalheads, you better keep away from here and move your thread about nice popular music to somewhere else where people are nice and friendly :)

I mean it's just wrong forum to talk about mainstream music so your thread looks very provocative here IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

....and that's all there is to it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jem_ wrote: »
    This is metal forum babe you know blood, doom, skinless bodies, screaming stupid metalheads, you better keep away from here and move your thread about nice popular music to somewhere else where people are nice and friendly :)

I mean it's just wrong forum to talk about mainstream music so your thread looks very provocative here IMO
    Hey, me no stupid. Me be smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Denny M wrote: »

where were you when we needed you to fight the PMRC?:D

Denny M wrote: »
    Sh! Let them go in peace :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIzo5FInn0

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

Couldnt give a **** mate , but tell my boss and every other poxy shop in the country to let people choose what they want, because im sick of listening to ****e music on repeat.

Biffy Clyro are Indie, and they suck and their fans look like twats and most of them are annoying pretentious lil ****s. Id rather listen to a fat bitch take a ****.

Woah, theyre not indie, theyre not ****e.

i assume your a metal head ye? Fair f*cks if you are Im a big metal fan as well, biffy have some crackin heavy tunes theyre into system tool perfect circle etc etc themselves, certainly not indie though. And DEFINITELY not a "the" kinda band.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just a couple of small corrections: this is the Rock & Metal forum some of which is both mainstream and popular. I would also hope that the posters on here are no less nice and friendly than any other forum on Boards.

• Advertisement

Malice_ wrote: »
    Just a couple of small corrections: this is the Rock & Metal forum some of which is both mainstream and popular. I would also hope that the posters on here are no less nice and friendly than any other forum on Boards.

Yeah, lets flood the forum with hot chicks and sweet boys I think it'll be boring and you can play on your own :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

But if the forum's flooded with hot chicks I won't be on my own will I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

The two Manowar videos posted are the only good things to come from this thread. :cool:
    People who are talkin about X-Factor nonsense on a Rock/Metal forum need to find a hall and leave it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

This is metal forum babe you know blood, doom, skinless bodies, screaming stupid metalheads,

I listen to metal but the songs dont really refer to doom, skinless bodies and while some could be branded as dumb, Id say most are more intelligent than the typical Xfactor fan.
    Mine more refers to naked women, drugs, drink and having a good time!

you better keep away from here and move your thread about nice popular music to somewhere else where people are nice and friendly :)

True! I hear enough about this gick the past 3 months on the radio and TV and every female I talk to, feckin sick of it. Especially as they inevitably all become nobodies and whore themselves on reality TV.

All that was growled by the way, so be scared! Im gunna try sacrifice my girlfriend for you, and drink her blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I did, Indie sucks just as much as Xfactor, both are mainstream, except one pretends not to be.

Any Indie I know likes Biffy Clyro, granted their name doesnt begin with "The" but still, id lump em in with the Propaganda brigade.

My point was Im not suprised they are covering Biffy Clyro, its clearly a mainstream song as they think they can make lots of $$, Im sure cowell agrees too.

The song is very radio friendly, there's no point in even trying to argue against that, but Biffy themselves are not a mainstream band (yet..) and they're not Indie. They have one or two indie songs and that's about it. :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont no why people are complaining about Biffy being discussed , correct me if im wrong they are ROCK band. Personally i find it hard to put Biffy in a certain rock genre since they have a very unique sound imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

As soon as a band signs a record deal they are sell outs. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just a fact. So that renders all sellout arguments void, sorry guys.

I'm a big biffy fan, but at the risk of sounding a twat, I was into them before they were big, infinity land is a great album, indie or not. Granted their last two are more and more mainstream, but that happens when a band grows up. Just take the sacred cow metallca....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Personally i find it hard to put Biffy in a certain rock genre since they have a very unique sound imo
    Their genre is called 'Foo Fighters tribute band'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Nolanger wrote: »
    Their genre is called 'Foo Fighters tribute band'!

You'd want to be careful that could piss off a lot of people around here

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Actually that jab is so far removed from reality it's meaningless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

only if the comparison made had more than just a small percentage of truth to it. i can name a couple of bands that biffy sound more like than the foos. Burning Airlines being one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ava Adored

Any publicity is good for a band, they have a good following already, now they will get even more fans most likely, who will check out other albums etc. Any band would love that amount of publicity, even if they hate that it was borne out of something as **** as the X Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ie been listening to Biffy for neigh on 8 years and sadly they have become a foo fighters tribute band with their last two albums and a pretty poor tribute band at that.

Advertisement