Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaner used Mr.Sheen

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

About six years ago I treated myself to a 'proper' solid-wood desk for my study.

I couldn't tell you what wood it's made of, but it cost a lot at the time.

It's got a large front section with a small return at the side.

Anyway, I used to clean it myself with just a damp cloth, however a girl we had doing a little bit of work for us used Mr.Sheen and near wrecked the finish of the wood. She only cleaned the main desk, not the small return desk at the side and the difference is night and day.

It there anything I could try to do to restore the lustre of the wood, or is it a job for a professional polisher?...if the latter, could anyone recommend a pro?

Thanks,

DW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

try someone like o sullivan antiques .think its either on or just off thomas street. they should be able to advise you. a good french polisher is worth any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Hi Dub Writer,
    As a long time furniture manufacturer I have to agree that Mr.Sheen & other furniture sprays are not needed.The formula used in furniture lacquer has no need for added wax as there is no wax in them.To be fair though they should not damage the finish either.You should ask a PROFESSIONAL polisher, not just a furniture supplier.Find out from your supplier what was used on the desk then call a good polisher.Audrey Adams would be my recommendation but there are lots.

Advertisement