Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Stone mortar and pestle in Dublin

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Can someone help me out, I'm looking to get a good Stone Mortar and Pestle in Dublin, but dont have the slightest clue on where I could get one.

Need to get one before christmas and cant order online at the mo, Does anyone know a shop that would have a good heavy ish one?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Debenhams have the Jamie Oliver granite one, and at the moment there's 20% off. Just got one for 26 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Thanks for the quick response PaintDoctor.

Gonna pick one up tomorrow, Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Can someone help me out, I'm looking to get a good Stone Mortar and Pestle in Dublin, but dont have the slightest clue on where I could get one.

Need to get one before christmas and cant order online at the mo, Does anyone know a shop that would have a good heavy ish one?

Thanks in Advance
    good value in T K max at the moment try there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

+1 for TK Maxx, you can get some great cookwares in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

good value in T K max at the moment try there
    That's where I got my one about two years ago and it's great. Plus it was relatively cheap for its quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

picked up a set for what seemed a very low price in Home Store and More a year or so back (think less than €20). The stock seems very volitile in this store so they may or may not have them any more but the one I got does what it says on the tin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

TK Maxx had a huge variety of mortar and pestles last time I was there so you should find what you're looking for:)

also boots had a set last christmas if you wanna check there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I got one of these

javanese+stone+mortar+and+pestle.jpg

in the asian market on camden st about a yeat ago for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I got one of these

javanese+stone+mortar+and+pestle.jpg

in the asian market on camden st about a yeat ago for €30.
    I got one similar in the Asian Market at the Jervis street Luas stop for around €20 recently.

Advertisement