Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i need to downgrade?

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom Reps,

To cut a long story short, after going through a few things with the technical dept over the phone the advice i have been given is that i must downgrade from 3mb to 1mb. Not really satisfied with this response. Can you guys take a look into it and see what if anything can be done?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom Reps,

To cut a long story short, after going through a few things with the technical dept over the phone the advice i have been given is that i must downgrade from 3mb to 1mb. Not really satisfied with this response. Can you guys take a look into it and see what if anything can be done?

Cheers.
    Hi foxerv1

no problem, if you PM me your line no. I can test line and sync speeds for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi foxerv1

no problem, if you PM me your line no. I can test line and sync speeds for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. It says you have chosen not to receive PM's. When you change that i will send you my tel no & a/c no.

Thanks

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. It says you have chosen not to receive PM's. When you change that i will send you my tel no & a/c no.

Thanks
    Hi foxerv1
    oooops... have changed this setting and you should now be able to PM me. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    I will check thsi and get back as soon as possible.
    Tony

Hi foxerv1
    oooops... have changed this setting and you should now be able to PM me. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    I will check thsi and get back as soon as possible.
    Tony

Thanks Tony, will send PM now.

Hi foxerv1
    I can see you reported intermittant connection problems, but the advise to downgrade appears to be a mistake. Line appears capable of approx 3MG and is set at this speed. Are you still having intermittant connection issues?
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi foxerv1
    I can see you reported intermittant connection problems, but the advise to downgrade appears to be a mistake. Line appears capable of approx 3MG and is set at this speed. Are you still having intermittant connection issues?
    Tony

Hi Tony, yes and no. I reported intermittent connection and a significant drop in speeds, I was barely gettin 0.3mb up & down. This is why it was suggested I downgrade, whomever I was talking to seemed to think the line wasn't capable of anything more than 1mb. Realistically I'm hoping both issues can be resolved. The speed is one part though, it took me roughly 30 hours to download a game of 1.2gb approx off steam in the last few days.

Regards,
    Foxer

Hi foxerv1

Broadband tech was unable to connect remotely to your modem but did not see any reports of slow speed at your exchange. They suggest that you give them a call on the 1890260260 number again to allow further troubleshooting. (They have the details of case). If you decide to call them and report this issue you should receive a fault ref no. DM this ref no to me and I can escalate your case.
    Tony

Hi foxerv1

Broadband tech was unable to connect remotely to your modem but did not see any reports of slow speed at your exchange. They suggest that you give them a call on the 1890260260 number again to allow further troubleshooting. (They have the details of case). If you decide to call them and report this issue you should receive a fault ref no. DM this ref no to me and I can escalate your case.
    Tony

Hi Tony, I have a funny feeling the router might be the problem, last night it kept going back to the router settings screen. I wonder could this be the issue?

Regards,

Foxer

Hi foxerv1

Have had tech test this and they found the modem to be fine, sync also good. They advised that you give them a call and they can troubleshoot issue with you. Tech would like to dial into your modem.
    Let me know if they manage to resolve, or not.
    Tony

Advertisement