Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic plasma repairs?

Options
  • 12-12-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I have a Panasonic TX-P50G10L which is just over a year old and seems to have developed an intermittent fault.

It will work perfectly and then power off for a split second then switch back on again and work flawlessly. This has happened maybe 4 times in the past month.

Fortunately I managed to get Panasonic's extended 5-year warranty which was being promoted for a few months last year.

I have just sent an email to Totterdells (based in Bray and Dun Laoghaire) one of two companies listed in the suport section of Panasonic's UK/IRL website. The other is PlasmaCare (Dublin based).

Has anyone had dealings with either of these companies or Panasonic support in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i have used plasmacare in past and they great. good service and sound lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Thanks big moe.
    Gave them a shout and the guy was pretty helpful.

Told me there's a fault code displayed using the power LED which will let them know where the fault lies.

As its so close to Xmas, the fault is pretty intermittent, and the TV has extended warranty, they recommended waiting till next month to get it sorted. They will also provide a replacement TV while my one is in for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm actually having an issue with my 42G10L with the sound so am in the same boat. Thankfully I also took the 5 year warranty..I'll give them a bell.
    Oh for the record , Any blu-ray or PC screen causes a horrible buzzing sound whenever there's a bright scene or wind/explosion effects in a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

5yr warranty is pretty much a requirement these days - i guess they reduce the prices without cutting corners somewhere.

No harm calling those guys to see what they say: 01-4605357

Advertisement