Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Galway City

Options
  • 12-12-2010 9:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I don't know why because the PM only said "stfu"

I replied asking why but have not received a reply in the last 40 minutes, so the mod obviously banned me then immediately logged off, which is unfortunate.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

Sorry about the delay this one slipped through the cracks.I have looked at your last few posts on the forum and they remark that got you banned has the footnote 'Anti-semitic language',does that ring any bells..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry about the delay this one slipped through the cracks.I have looked at your last few posts on the forum and they remark that got you banned has the footnote 'Anti-semitic language',does that ring any bells..?
    That was an infraction I received 2 weeks ago that has long since expired.

Anti-Semitic is a terrible, Zionist apologist term by the way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That was an infraction I received 2 weeks ago that has long since expired.

Anti-Semitic is a terrible, Zionist apologist term by the way.

I will invite the Mods into this process then to fill in the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know why because the PM only said "stfu"
    You were banned by po0k for 24 hours here. I would assume for the arguing in that thread about local prices.
    Since po0k did the banning I guess he'll want to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Banned for this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69522144&postcount=53

After a mod warning to drop things.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    You were banned by po0k for 24 hours here. I would assume for the arguing in that thread about local prices.
    Since po0k did the banning I guess he'll want to clarify.
    I wasn't "arguing about local prices" (and besides, what is wrong with that?), I was commenting on the value offered to Galway consumers. How is that in any way off topic to a discussion about prices of drink in Galway?

I was abused by another member and calmly told them to drop it. So you banned me and Warned (not even infracted) the user who was abusing me.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that is fair? If I licked your holes and Thanked all your posts would you be more lenient?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would not.

This latest ban was from po0k btw even though you once were banned from Galway city by me a for similar thing, but let's stick to this issue for now.

biko wrote: »
    I would not.

This latest ban was from po0k btw even though you once were banned from Galway city by me a for similar thing, but let's stick to this issue for now.
    The ban you gave me was justified (worth it for the laugh tbh). I've no problem with that, or you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I wasn't "arguing about local prices" (and besides, what is wrong with that?), I was commenting on the value offered to Galway consumers. How is that in any way off topic to a discussion about prices of drink in Galway?

I was abused by another member and calmly told them to drop it. So you banned me and Warned (not even infracted) the user who was abusing me.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that is fair? If I licked your holes and Thanked all your posts would you be more lenient?

{edit}The thread was about locally available boozers, wine merchants, etc., and also to help support local economies.
    Anyone could go to bargain alerts for the slab of 24 fairly shiquid for 20bob down the local DunescoValueQuimmardis or go three hours over the border.
    If you're that hard up, maybe don't buy as much fscking drink?
    It's the Galway City forum, so not even outside the city limits 'local'-local.{/edit}

Who's licking who's holes? What?
    <trotter>More equine necrophelia innit Rodders?</trotter>
    (:

I take offense to that besmirchment upon the very postcount of my carefully cultivated online interactive avatar Sir!

Allow me to clarify my reasoning.
    I happened to check boards and my email.
    I entered the thread at the post (A 20101210@17:14) you reported (B 20101212@16:44) which you then replied to (C 20101212@17:45) having thanked him (Ca).
    I read the first line of his reported post and issued a warning for bad language (G 20101212@16:59).
    The numbers are important - and there'll be more! - but we'll come back to them in a second.

I scanned up and down the thread and got my bearings.
    Click yelims at the start of this reply if you haven't already.

The two of you were having a "handbags at dawn ".
    Again, note the timestamps (D 20101212@17:50), (E 20101212@17:52) and (F 20101212@17:58).
    I posted (H 20101212@17:00) what I vainly thought to be wit to serve as a warning.
    Obviously not to your liking, fair enough, I'll try more/less next time.

I suspect that you were distracted while you were writing this.
    I checked in on it again later only to find you carrying on (H) this futile lark.
    Everyone else here has been able to have civil discussion, whether it be about the price of drink in Galway or comparing the price of drink in Galway with other places (a handy way of gauging value). Stop throwing a big stroppy and let it carry on.
    [Full Disclosure: I laughed a little here.]

You earned yourself a 24hr ban from Galway City forum by in effect continuing to drag a thread off topic whilst backseat moderating, and to nail it down for not editing your post to be on-topic.
    You really should have, for your logic is flawed, you had at least 1hr37m to do so and you were being wierdly sycophantic given the context.
    I thought a 24 hour ban from a forum you have been lollopping about in lately might put a bit of cop on in you.
    Like you'd be short of other forums to knock about in :)

If youre offended by the content of the Ban PM, I apologise.
    I thought "stfu" was trite and in keeping with the warning post I made in the thread.
    Would you have preferred "i no wer u liv"?

A: c'mmmmooooonnn, you can't deny it
    B: Ha! Fe! You know what you wrote when reporting that post.
    C: almost 48hours later after other people resumed the thread? srsly?
    Ca: See attachment in case you ever remove it :) Fe++
    D: I'm fallible and missed the second use of bad language by Padkir. Biko didn't though. *bikkidy-boom-ko*
    E: I know Drake. He will cut you so deep you'll thank him in astonishment. "So deeeeee..p!" will be your final breath.
    F: At this point all hope was lost. Passed the event horizon of the Spiral of idiocy, arguing on the internet, slowly dragging us all in with you.
    G: ...moderation. I hate seeing a bad word ruin a good point ;)
    H: didyouseewhatididthere?

Hahahha I am speechless... a shiny medal for this man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*beams*

Are you happy with my reasoning? Or were there <sarc> tags I missed there? :)

I know I am often curt in my replies, and should choose my words more carefully when communicating with fellow posters in a Moderator capacity.
    However, I value what little spare time I have and helping to herd the cats on the forum comes out of that.
    As a result, I'm not given to spelling out why X or Y happened where I feel it is obvious.

My post above was a special effort as this is my first proper 'Dispute Resolution' thread so I wanted to put in a good showing and certainly didn't want you to feel you were being subjectively singled out for abuse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I <3 po0kie.

po0k wrote: »
    *beams*

Are you happy with my reasoning? Or were there <sarc> tags I missed there? :)

I wasn't being sarcastic, I genuinely lol'd when I saw your post. I skimmed through it but did not expect to find anything new, and I didn't. This entire part of the website is pretty futile, and I've actually had a few others PM me saying the same. From reading a few other threads you either get the same moderator's desperately trying to justify some ridiculous rules, or you get the same moderators simply re-iterating their pathetic actions.

I also lol'd at the fact you thought it was relevant that I thanked his post. I thanked it out of irony because I've noticed him Thanking several mod posts in the GC and NUIG forums. "Thanks" means nothing, biko banned me before for "trying to get thanks"... I think it's evidence of how seriously you take this place that you think stuff like that means anything.

You'd have to take a stretch to claim that discussing the value of drink in Galway, in a thread about the price of drink in Galway, was off topic. But clearly it is far worse than calling someone a prick. Lesson learnt.

Advertisement