Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Woollen Mills Parking in Douglas?

Options
  • 12-12-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

I left the car there tonite . Anyone advise what time I'll have to collect the car tomorrow before the warden nicks me :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

As early as you can. I'm not kidding. The Apcoa Clamping Company - Parking Nazis - are notorious for being quick at clamping people in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

As early as you can. I'm not kidding. The Apcoa Clamping Company - Parking Nazis - are notorious for being quick at clamping people in there.

Any idea what time they start ?

I don't think they stop. Apcoa are a company who make money only out of this, you can be sure they're in there tonight taking down registrations!

Darn there goes my lie in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Finally a reason to moan about Apcoa! They got the contract for clamping in my old school, They sure did use any excuse to clamp people I didn't have a car at the time :). Here are some examples , and there were many!

The parking permit was placed on the dash of a car and it had been blown by some wind under the tax disc holder on the windscreen so it couldn't be seen clearly. Guess what €80 fine and an hour in the cold waiting for them to arrive.

This happened 3 or 4 times to people.

They go up there all the time even late at night and clamp cars I've heard.

Cars not in designated bays were clamped sometimes as well.

Every car that was issued with a permit was on their system as having one but if the disc was not on the window you were still clamped even though the clampers know the car had the disc.

A friend of mine tore his pants jumping over the fence to stop his car getting clamped because he forgot to put up his disc!:mad:

The worst part is Apcoa seem to be everywhere now, from my experience of them I don't take any chances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

yeah parking in the mills in Douglas in a big no no unless you are going into one of the businesses in there,

they start at around 6.30am, and if your car is there they will clamp...

i live in the area so i see it frequently, i've seen them clamping on sunday's!

parking wise in douglas (for free you are looking at on street on church road, East village, or dunnes (but you would have to be out of there by 7am)

Tesco is ok if you are under 3 hours and not after midnight...

Barry's Clamp im sure, and johno's has a barrier you need a code (on your receipt) to get out from.

the cinema car park i really do not understand, sometimes it has a barrier or that hut thing with the guy manning it sometimes its wide open...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

If you go get clamped, but you can remove it without causing damage, then you can head off scott free, but that won't work for fines. :D

the cinema i really do not understand

It's a big place, shows movies, but that's not important right now.

Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane.3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

It's a big place, shows movies, but that's not important right now.

Funny! :D

i've fixed that one now!

Cinema Car Park is what i meant to say :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

golfdiva wrote: »
    Hi All

I left the car there tonite . Anyone advise what time I'll have to collect the car tomorrow before the warden nicks me :D

Thanks

So were you clamped???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I often park at there in the morning (around 8:30am) when dropping my daughter off for school. We park there and walk over to the Gaelscoil, I never thought I'd actually be clamped...sh*te!
    They've even painted double yellow lines all along the road to the Gaelscoil now, makes drop-offs very hard. But I can nearly see their reason, it was madness there, especially with the trophy wife brigade dropping off little Illy & Tristan in the Toureg :rolleyes:

dropping off little Illy & Tristan in the Toureg :rolleyes:

Don't forget precious little snowflakes Saoirse and Oisin. Mumsie wuves you!

Ludo wrote: »
    So were you clamped???

Nope , I arrived there at 9 and no sign of them.

Its a pain going for a few drinks in Douglas as I normally collect the car the morning after.

I'll have to find a new parking spot.

I was in the South County - could anyone advise an alternate parking spot so I don’t have to be up really early the following day to shift the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I was in the South County - could anyone advise an alternate parking spot so I don’t have to be up really early the following day to shift the car.

Outside Douglas Community School or at the bottom of Shamrock Lawn (by the primary schools)?

Around the old Garda barracks too but I'm not 100% sure if they have put that as disk parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Nope , I arrived there at 9 and no sign of them.

Its a pain going for a few drinks in Douglas as I normally collect the car the morning after.

I'll have to find a new parking spot.

Thats where I drink too - on a Sat night I will drive and leave the car at the woollen mills and never have a problem coming back around 10am for it. I would not chance it on Fri or Sun nights. The business's get cranky and I would suspect ring the clampers themselves maybe.

As was perviously said, you could try Church road or near the community center if there are free spaces - few and far between now until Christmas I'd say though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Don't forget precious little snowflakes Saoirse and Oisin. Mumsie wuves you!

it's scary how right you are :)

Advertisement