Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we allowed to make alt accounts?

Options
  • 12-12-2010 10:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Say your first account is not banned/infracted, are you allowed to make a new account and use that one instead?

Fed up with the inconsistency from certain mods, feel it would be a bit fairer if I did this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Unless there's a compelling reason for it, we don't permit alt accounts. The rules on this were clarified recently here. Personality clashes with particular mods would not qualify as a compelling reason as it's likely that the same clashes would ultimately re-occur with the new account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Can you have one account closed/deleted then? What if someone else in your household wants to make a Boards account, how is that any different in terms of IP addresses?

If 'personality clashes' ocurr with a new account then so be it, that's a problem that would have ocurred anyway.

Can you have one account closed/deleted then?

I'm afraid not.
    What if someone else in your household wants to make a Boards account, how is that any different in terms of IP addresses?

Then that's their account to be used by them only. It's usually very clear to us when two people are using the same account or where a poster is claiming that an account actually belongs to another person in the house.
    If 'personality clashes' ocurr with a new account then so be it, that's a problem that would have ocurred anyway.

No real need for an alt account so, if that's the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Zaph wrote: »
    No real need for an alt account so, if that's the case.

There is though. There's been two occasions now where I have been the only one punished in threads where people were abusing me (my reaction was to tell them to calm down and let the thread continue) while nothing happened to them. That is not consistent moderation, but lets face it, nothing will be done about the mods, even my thread in the Dispute forum are ignored.

I'll bring the threads to the attention of the relevant CMods. As regards the mods, that's not your concern and if there is found to be an issue with the moderation of the forum the admins will take appropriate action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement