Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new years eve

• 12-12-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hey! does any1 no if theres anything good on anywhere in limerick for new years? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sultans of ping, Frank and Walters, Power of dreams all in Dolans :cool:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Any tips for single guys in that regard - is it ok for single guys to go there on their own, in the hope of meeting a gal and ringing in the new year with said gal? ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Clarion hotel steamboat quay are doing bed, breakfast + 4 course dinner €75pp new years eve.

No idea what food is like but seems like ok deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Any tips for single guys in that regard - is it ok for single guys to go there on their own, in the hope of meeting a gal and ringing in the new year with said gal? ???

?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

anyone else know of anything on?
    might stay in and head out new years day instead, nice and early ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So are there any options going on?
    I know Smyths are doing their usual pay in and the Stillhouse are having a party/champagne reception.
    But is there any sign of a market quarter promotion?
    Or any good gala's in the hotels?
    I have a few friends coming down from Dublin and wnt to make a proper night of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Probably best staying in and inviting people around as I'd say it would be messy in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

town is often quite quiet on NYE. I rang it in at the locke last year with a few friends, quiet, easy to get to the bar etc. know the nightclubs are busy, but town isnt as manic as you'd expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I am working at 8.30am NYD. FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ULstudent wrote: »
    I am working at 8.30am NYD. FML

I'm working UNTIL 8am nyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

You win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kitk8

I was in Smyths last year, busy enough.. i was hoping that there might be a new years eve ball or something going on, but i've seen none advertised! tickets are prob all gone at this stage anyways :(
    anything else interesting gong on in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

zuroph wrote: »
    town is often quite quiet on NYE. I rang it in at the locke last year with a few friends, quiet, easy to get to the bar etc. know the nightclubs are busy, but town isnt as manic as you'd expect

ah thats where i was last year. it sucked:D it was very very very non-new yearsy. although when i started doing shots with a couple of mates and singing and dancing it got slightly better:)

to be fair town usually does suck on nye unless you make the most of it yourself. the mountain wont come to mohammed. your going to have to make your own fun.

my advice is spend nye with the people you love no matter where it is and just enjoy the company. dont expect to be forced to enjoy yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

this thread IS last year :p

Dolans have Kila on, €20

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kitk8

zuroph wrote: »
    this thread IS last year :p]

I know, couldn't find a recent post about it! thanks for the reply tho, I'll check out Dolans! :)

Advertisement