Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Weird Food Combination Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sausages and jam.
    By any chance did you write an Irish text book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

By any chance did you write an Irish text book?

Seriously?
    Sasuages dipped in strawberry jam, the controversy, the controversy!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Seriously?
    Sasuages dipped in strawberry jam, the controversy, the controversy!! :rolleyes:

Ispíní agus Subh was the name of an Irish book aimed at Primary school children. Wasn't having a go at you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Cold leftover pizza (has to be delivery pizza) with mayo spread over the top.

It's DISGUSTING looking, but tastes lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

frag420 wrote: »
    sweat n sour sauce(mcdonalds nugget sauce) on ice cream..............freakin well tasty

Not sure about this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Gotta go with (heinz) salad cream in that scenario. I will at some point try the mayo now that you've put the idea in my head but it sounds a bit too savoury for me. I like the sweetness and acidity from the salad cream -rejuvenates the slice.

Two of mine:
    • Cheese and jam, e.g. Charleville mild with blackcurrant on soda bread or raspberry jam and dubliner on a cracker. Once slagged my aunt for doing it. Then began copying her.
    • Chef brown sauce spread on toasted and buttered slices of industrial white sliced pan. It has to be Chef, Chef has a little bit of citrus going on that other brown sauces don't, (look at the back, there's oranges in it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Guilty pleasure is cold leftover takeaway curry sauce on hot buttery toast! When the sauce cools down it gets really thick and the consistency is just right for spreading on toast....great hangover food!

And Spaghetti sandwiches....om nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Black pudding with Franks hotsauce.:p

Nothing strange about cheese and jam BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Will second the cheese and jam. love cheese on toast with a bit of jam too.

Also cheese on toast with a bit of melted chocolate on top. Delic!

chopped up cheese thrown into a pack of tayto (cant eat tayto without little bits of cheese) and throw in some of your fave choc too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my dad swears by cheese and jam sandwiches, he'll rarely make anything else in a sarnie if he has a choice. they're actually pretty good too.

super noodles on toast, with grated cheese and worcestersostershire :pac: sauce on top, melted under the grill. you'd have trouble finding anything better for nyoming.

a simple treat is a few slices of wafer thin ham with a squirt of salad cream in. its just one of those flavour combinations that is hard to beat.

i used to dip chips in custard at school, but more cos it was funny to see the expressions than cos it was tasty. :)

bbq cheesy beans is always a good one for toast too. some kind of bbq sauce or seasoning in baked beans, then throw in some grated cheese once they're warned up and stir through.

i like trying out all the weird eastern european foods too you see in supermarkets now, mostly the meats as i'm a big fan of any type of food made out of dead animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

A single plum floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

Also, pancakes with rashers and maple syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My normal steak sambo:

Bread
    Ketchup
    Two fried eggs
    Grilled Cheese
    Steak
    Ketchup
    Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

My girlfriend made me french toast with bacon, maple syrup and fried banana a while back. Fried banana sounds wrong but it actually goes well with that particular combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Slice of toast that's still warm with mashed ripe banana, crunchy peanut butter, either cottage cheese or mascapone cheese on top, jam on top of that. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Chicken liver paté and mayonnaise sandwich.

Don't know why, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Toasted ham and banana sandwiches - nyom

dipping your chips into your malt/milkshake in Eddie Rockets/McDs - nyom

cold coleslaw on hot toast - nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

brettmirl wrote: »

cold coleslaw on hot toast - nyom

That sounds UNREAL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's DISGUSTING looking, but tastes lovely.

I have that with red sauce.

Also pitta bread with melted cheese and red sauce.

Red sauce with crackers.

Toast dipped into red sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    I have that with red sauce.

Also pitta bread with melted cheese and red sauce.

Red sauce with crackers.

Toast dipped into red sauce.

By any chance do you like red sauce? (I have same obsession with chilli mayo:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

DConway wrote: »
    banana sandwiches!

With a sprinkling of sugar..yummy!!

Chipstix (the crisps) dipped into hazelnut yogurt, drumsticks and cheese puff crisps in you mouth at the same time...bit messy though! One time we had microwaveable popcorn on a sambo with ketchup, very drunk though so never repeated that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Me and my friend tried chocolate caramel digestives dipped into salsa before. It was surprisingly nice. I must try it again actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

By any chance were most of these combo's discovered while under the influence?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

most likely;) some fantastic combos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cashel blue cheese with Blackcurrant Jam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Toast with butter, paté and jam.

also toast with butter, vegemite, cheese and tomato.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Apple and cheese sandwiches - was forced to eat them one day when I forgot to bring a lunch and the nearest shop was miles away!
    Ox tongue/Cows Tongue - savage!
    Garlic mayo mixed with curry sauce on chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Do any of you have weird combinations that you like?

I was talking to a friend of mine who says his wife loves to coat a spoon with mayo and then put dry roasted peanuts on the spoon. I did enquire was she pregnant but she's not.

Mine is pretty lame compared to his wifes but i dip jam sambo's into my tea.

Just wondering what everyone else does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Crunchy peanut butter on thick slices of mild white cheddar. Seriously delish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

Faith wrote: »
    Threads merged.

funny i didn't recall naming it this The Ultimate Weird Food Combination Thread:rolleyes:

carry on.

Advertisement