Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox on Roselawn Road

Options
  • 12-12-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Just after driving down the Roselawn Road.

An adult fox ran straight out in front of us, and ran in the middle of the road for about 50m, down to where the turn is, where he turned off down the laneway, that leads into the park at the end of the Brompton houses.

Big skinny fella. Red/orange colour and a white tip on his tail.

Brightened up my night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

its great when you see them they are so rare. I saw a whole family with out walking with the kids over on the south side a while back. Made their night I can tell ya.

Have seen a few tracks in the snow around D15 in the snow so Know they are about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Last week this fox was sniffing around our place a lot - came across him sniffing around the wheelie bins about 10 minutes after i took this.
    fox-2.jpg
    fox-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Saw a fox late last night too in the city centre - Taxi driver said it was more and more common to see them in the city when it gets quiet at night time

I've seen them up near the school in Ongar (only late at night though...)

And just realised now that the footprints on my bin could suggest it was a fox (Saw footprints on my iced up bin that I knew wasn't a cat.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Saw a fox late last night too in the city centre - Taxi driver said it was more and more common to see them in the city when it gets quiet at night time

I've seen them up near the school in Ongar (only late at night though...)

And just realised now that the footprints on my bin could suggest it was a fox (Saw footprints on my iced up bin that I knew wasn't a cat.....)

Not in D15, but got a Luas recently at night near the Blackhorse stop when the canal was almost completely frozen over. There were few swans paddling about in the open parts, and a fox cub trying to chance its arm paw walking over the ice to get to them! Luas didn't stick around long enough to see what happened next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I saw one recently on the way to work. Driving on the ballycoolin road, stopped in traffic, and there was a fox on the side of the road.

The red fox is one of the cutest animals ive ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I started to see these around more and more now. I even spotted one also in town not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think all that show made it hard for them to hide.

I think all that snow made it hard for them to hide.

You do know they burrow right? They're nocturnal also so it's just the harsh weather driving them above ground in the daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I saw one near the skate park beside coolmine

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

We just saw one today at 3:30 walking across our back wall. Walked across the walls and sheds, was in no hurry. Last I saw of him he was walking on top of the side wall of a house. He would have come out onto someones front garden. We are living in the Luttrellstown area.

It was quite exciting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

Saw foxes in the fields behind luttrelstown beside the M50. Wish they would show in my garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

i work down at dublin ferry port and its not unusual for me to see them running along the road down through sheriff st and down around the point ("02") when im on my way into work at about 5.30am.also see them quite alot running around the yards where the ferries come in looking for scraps.

Advertisement