Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seem to be getting throttled by Digiweb

• 12-12-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hello everyone, i currently have 8mb Metro with digiweb in Dundalk as i go to college here and my three other house mates share the bill.

Our traffic cap is 60gb a month and we have been watching our usage very carefully, yesterday we went over by 1gb and now our connection is dog slow.
    Id say we are being throttled but it states on the digiweb site that they only throttle you if you go 20% over your cap which would mean 72gb for us, but it seems as they have throttled us already. Ive done loads of different speed tests but they are all saying the same 340-360kbps down and 200-200kbps up.

http://support.digiweb.ie/questions/3783/How+does+MyTraffic+work%3F

It states on the digiweb website that they send you a warning you are reaching your limit when you get to 80% of your quota and they throttle you when you go over your quota by 20%. I just want to know why we are getting throttled now and if anyone has had similar issues with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Realistically how can anyone here know? Ring them and ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You know you are over by 1G, so the only way to get "unthrottled" is to fall back to 80%. Maybe you did get sent an email and spam filter somewhere did it in.
    we have been watching our usage very carefully
    So why did you use 61Gbyte then?

Advertisement