Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect Adapter

• 12-12-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm buying a kinect for the xbox, I was told in the shop as it was a older xbox that i would have to buy an adapter. The console is 3yrs old and is a white one. Can anybody tellme if this is true. I think he was just trying to sellme a bundle of new console and kinect

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The adapter came with mine, but some people here reported they didn't get one. I'd be firm with the sales assistant and ask that he open a kinect box and see is it in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Kinect comes with an adaptor in the box for older consoles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If in doubt ask the sales person to open the box, if they won't then shop else where!!!!!!!!, was in a similar position the other day when buying a phone. Guy was trying to sell me a memory card. I asked is there not one in the box as I had read up on it before hand. Hmmm he said lets have a look and opened the box no problem, and sure enough there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

Thanks for all yours replys,
    Next silly question,
    I will get them to open the box but what does this adapter look like. Don't want to dissapoint Santa

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It's the power plug that you need to use it with an older xbox. The slim xbox can accommodate Kinect without a separate power source. It was included in mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This is it

en-US151_Xbox360_Kinect_Power_Supply_3VJ-00001.png?tag=mncol;txt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its written on the back of the box that it includes a power adapter, if it doesnt then return it.
    If it doesn't include the power adaptor, then it means that it seems to be one that should be sold in a bundle with a new XBox 360 (the black slim model). Because that model doesn't need a power adaptor, then the Kinect package that comes with it doesn't have the power adaptor.

Previously some people reported here that some shops may have been using these Kinects and trying to sell them as standalone models (therefore no power supply included).

Hope that helps.

Advertisement