Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i feel terrible

Options
  • 12-12-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

so i had my sons 4th birthday party. at this the only kids were my 6 year old niece, 18month old nephew and my 8 month old daughter. my son asked for a ben 10cake which he got, he was so excited about the cake and loved the picture on it. after he cut it i offered him the picture on top (ie all the fancy icing) which he accepted and then cut the cake in slices for the guests. it's only now on reflection i realise how horrible this was to the others especially my neice. can any one give me any ways to make it up to my niece she must have been so dissapointed. there was only a tin layer of plain icing on each slice. can anyone empathise with how this happened or am i just selfish!!!? i really apreciate any input :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I doubt she was disappointed, she still got cake! Your son was delighted with his ben10 icing, don't think you need to make it up to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Don't even worry about it. I've always pulled those pictures off and given them to the birthday child. AND they never eat them cos they're pure sugar. I very much doubt your niece gas given it a second thought

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

wow thanx a mil guys, huge relief to hear those opinions cos i prob would have offered the same advice, tables turned. huge weight off my soldiers, and of course, he didn't eat it, just threw it in the bin which just added to the guilt so thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They always do! It was my daughters second birthday today and her grandad made her one of those supersized cupcakes from the mould from JML, she loved it :D

Happy Birthday to your little man!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

and to your little lady :) i must get that mould, sounds brill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

can anyone empathise with how this happened or am i just selfish!!!? i really apreciate any input :(

to be honest i always assumed from a very early age that the birthday boy/girl gets the decoration (i always took it at my parties) and at my daughters 1st birthday, she got that piece (it was made out of chocolate)

you are not selfish at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hiya mate dont worry about it.... one thing about kids that age..... if she was upset about it .... trust me she would let you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement