Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is meteor 3g free????

• 12-12-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

hi,

I just upgraded to my first android, meteors samsung europa, I think its brilliant. Im on the plan where when you top up by €20 a month you get free meteor to meteor talk and text.

Anyway Iv been using the 3g browsing facility when iv been out and about and have not noticed my credit going down. Is it free or what.

I hope they dont charge retrospectively cause that would be a nightmare. Sorry now if this seems like a silly question but im really one of the masses and not to into phones and plans in a big way,

Thanks in adavnce,

eurokev

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

No tis not free man! though meteor have some call plan that gives you free meteor texts and 250mb of data for the same €20 every 30 days topup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you may have a 250 meg add-on package. otherwise it's 99c a day for 50megs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Meteor have free Meteor text and a 250mb allowance for data or Free Meteor Talk and Text or Free any network texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/#plans-tab

It should be costing you 69c per day which will give ya 50MB, that SHOULD be plenty, unless you're hammering youtube etc.

It costs 2c per KB :eek: if ya go over this

You could move over to the other PAYG tariff which gives ya 250MB per month free but then you'd lose yer free meteor to meteor calls.

Personally i'd stick wit the 69c per day, costs less than a fiver a week for your internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yep, its been 69c for a few weeks now, for 50mb.

For 20€/month, you could go online 20 days of that month, an d still have 7€ left for calls and texts outside you plan. Considering, you can also use cabbage the days you are online, i think its a good way of running a phone pretty cheaply! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement