Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC price increase

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone who has received their December bill check if there is a notice about increased prices please ? Mine doesnt arrive until the 28th.

Checked mine there, no mention of price increases.

EDIT: Just remembed my price won't increase anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

They have updated their price notice page.

UPCPriceChange.jpg
    Please note the reference to Fibre Power Broadband 8Mb in the above advertisement is an error. No price change will apply to Fibre Power Broadband 8Mb.

UPCPriceChange2.jpg

What is UPC Broadband Light?

This keeps getting more and more confusing. Is this correct?
    • 8mb ->10mb - €25 no increase
    • 15mb ->20mb - €34 increase of €2pm
    • 30mb ->N/A - €42 no increase

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

Stevek101 wrote: »

This keeps getting more and more confusing. Is this correct?

Broadband light is an old legacy pack for original customers. Anyone on broadband light can be changed to the new 10 mb pack for €25. Broadband light hasnt been available for a while now. Basically there are only 4 packs available from Jan 4th. 10,20 30 and 100mb. Think they should have made that clearer. Found this out today off a very helpful upc staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Just rang to downgrade my BB package due to price increase and was informed that the 8MB BB is going up to 28 euros next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i don't think it has any sugar in it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

here ye go and as some have siad as long as they do this it covers them:

http://www.upc.ie/about_us/pricenotice/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

Giving them my 30 days notice today, and getting a FreeSat HD and DTT rig for TV and Magnet for BB and Phone! I bet the contention ratios are going to suffer a lot more then they do now. 30mb BB Unlimited, capped at 250gb' with a 70 quid extra charge if you go over it and with a real life download speed of between 10-16mbits at best! Being planning to go since before Christmas, but did not want the hassle during the snow and at this time of the year. Great timing hit customers at the lowest financial time of the year and with no notice. now with price increases, im off!

Sod you UPC/AUP! lol

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/pricewatch/2010/1220/1224285913952.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is this confirmed 5mb for 2 euro seems pretty good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

vibe666 wrote: »
    well, they have got 100mbps upgrades to pay for, so i'm not at all surprised they've done it. :)
    hahaha

Where is the cost here?
    The fact that you see this as a reasonable excuse is laughable!
    Do you think that such a company would upgrade if they were going to have to claw back their investment by means of price increases?

On another note I contacted UPC re technical fault over the last 2 weeks.
    While I was on the phone I asked if I would be notified by writing of price increases and I was informed that I already had been via National Press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

iRock wrote: »
    hahaha

Where is the cost here?
    Do you think that such a company would upgrade if they were going to have to claw back their investment by means of price increases?

On another note I contacted UPC re technical fault over the last 2 weeks.
    While I was on the phone I asked if I would be notified by writing of price increases and I was informed that I already had been via National Press.

Just because someone says they expect, understand, or know why a company does something does not mean they endorse it and want them to continue to do so, nor does it mean they are happy with it.
    Some people don't understand this somehow.

lol@them saying they informed you already when you asked if you were going to be informed.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Just because someone says they expect, understand, or know why a company does something does not mean they endorse it and want them to continue to do so, nor does it mean they are happy with it.
    thanks, saved me a job there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did anyone even think of writing to Eamonn Ryan or Conor Lenihan over this?
    in an election year they'd bend over backwards for you if they thought it would win them some extra votes.

did anyone even think of writing to Eamonn Ryan or Conor Lenihan over this?
    in an election year they'd bend over backwards for you if they thought it would win them some extra votes.
    I imagine they're all far too busy bending over forwards for the IMF right now to worry about the voting public. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

lol@them saying they informed you already when you asked if you were going to be informed.

Thats certainly true.
    I never argued that the OP of the above did endorse it.

Its certainly frustrating that they are claiming to have notified me already.

I had to place another call yesterday (due to a technical fault... again), when I finally got a call back I spoke with a lady that told me I would be upgraded from 15 -> 20 meg broadband from Jan 4th.

As some of you may already know she also mentioned that there will be a new 50meg package available over the coming months.

Thats certainly true.
    I never argued that the OP of the above did endorse it.
    no of course you didn't, why would anyone think that? :rolleyes:
    hahaha

Where is the cost here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

thanks, saved me a job there. ;)
    Just be careful with the words you use when communicating with company's like UPC,..if you say you "understand" your actually consenting to stand-under any thing they say....always better to state you don't understand when dealing with any large corp,company or state body.;)

lensman wrote: »
    Just be careful with the words you use when communicating with company's like UPC,..if you say you "understand" your actually consenting to stand-under any thing they say....always better to state you don't understand when dealing with any large corp,company or state body.;)
    good advice if that had been what i said, but it wasn't and i don't.
    well, they have got 100mbps upgrades to pay for, so i'm not at all surprised they've done it. :)

lensman wrote: »

English-fiddling!
    In my post I meant:
    To understand is to have knowledge up to the point that you are willing to say you can see how it benefits them.
    To support is to stand-under.

I've seen this English-fiddling before. Pretty cool stuff, especially that guy who doesn't pay taxes in the uk by using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Im only with upc a month my first bill 77 euro it should be 59.75.I have 15mb broadband and anytime phone i got a extra phone but they already took 40 euro off me think it migth have being activation charge but did the board.ie offer with upc.I got upc broadband 18 december but my first bill 10 january it should be 16 jan because that be a month.

I've seen this English-fiddling before. Pretty cool stuff, especially that guy who doesn't pay taxes in the uk by using it.
    well, i'm all for fiddling my taxes, so i guess it could fit. :)

especially when i know i'll put the money to much better use than the crooks in government and their w@nker banker cronies do.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

so tell me this. I signed up to 15mb broadband a few months back.

Am I correct in saying that im going to be charged an extra 2 euro but ill also be upgraded from 15mb to 20mb?

I had a look at their new download limits. My 15mb broadband now has a 120gb limit compared to 250gb previously.

I just done a speed test...im still on 15mb.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

iknorr wrote: »
    so tell me this. I signed up to 15mb broadband a few months back.

Am I correct in saying that im going to be charged an extra 2 euro but ill also be upgraded from 15mb to 20mb?

I had a look at their new download limits. My 15mb broadband now has a 120gb limit compared to 250gb previously.

I just dont a speed test...im still on 15mb.... :(

About a year ago same thing happened to me, I signed up for the 10mb package like 4 days before they upgraded to 15mb. I didn't automatically get upgraded, but there was a form on the website to request a free upgrade, and when I filled that out they did it for me in about a week.

I'm waiting to see if the same thing happens now as the 15mb package is gone replaced by the 20mb package.

I know people are mad about the price increase but to be honest if I get close to 20mb for a few euro more I won't be complaining.

I just done a speed test...im still on 15mb.... :(
    250gb according to website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

250gb according to website.

15GB for Fibre Power Broadband 1Mb users,
    40GB for Fibre Power Broadband 8Mb users,
    120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb and 15Mb users,
    250GB for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb and 30Mb users and
    500GB for Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb users.

They seem to have lumped the 15Mb users in with the 10Mb users, thus reducing the gap.

Of course 15Mb package doesn't exist any more, so it will be interesting to see if they upgrade 15Mb people to 20Mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

unplug power to upc router for 30 seconds and then plug power back in
    you will see from speed test reaches aprox 19.5mb upload still on 1.5 at the moment

If that doesnt work unplug power to router and press reset button at back of router for 15 seconds then power back on

its free upgrade and its working

@/\/ollog UPC website now updated with limits

# 15GB for Fibre Power Broadband 1Mb users,
    # 40GB for Fibre Power Broadband 8Mb users,
    # 120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb and 15Mb users,
    # 250GB for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb and 30Mb users and
    # 500GB for Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb users.

@Wicknight Im ok with the 2euro if im upped to 20mb also but if only i wont be entering a new contract with them.

Whats worrying me is the 120GB for 15mb users.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Got upgraded today. :)

1096948048.png

paulboland wrote: »
    unplug power to upc router for 30 seconds and then plug power back in
    you will see from speed test reaches aprox 19.5mb upload still on 1.5 at the moment

If that doesnt work unplug power to router and press reset button at back of router for 15 seconds then power back on

its free upgrade and its working

a restart worked sweetly.... :) thanks for the info.

1096965823.png

Strencom test in cork ...not good advertising :)
    1096961594.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Got the upgrade too. Happy enough with an extra 2€ for an increase of 5mbps.

But I'm only getting 1.5mbps upload - surely this should be 2mbps? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

@/\/ollog UPC website now updated with limits

# 15GB for Fibre Power Broadband 1Mb users,
    # 40GB for Fibre Power Broadband 8Mb users,
    # 120GB for Fibre Power Broadband 10Mb and 15Mb users,
    # 250GB for Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb and 30Mb users and
    # 500GB for Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb users.

@Wicknight Im ok with the 2euro if im upped to 20mb also but if only i wont be entering a new contract with them.

Whats worrying me is the 120GB for 15mb users.
    accordion to my bill 15mb broadband 53 euro not 34 euro nice hidden charges from upc and im on anytime world 18 euro suppose to be unlimited local and national calls but they charge me 24.01 so my first bill 77 euro suppose to be 62 euro and now my download allowance 120G even worse feel robbed.

Advertisement