Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC price increase

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

jor el wrote: »
    I got a letter this morning saying my price is decreasing. Broadband and phone (Freetime World) is currently €57, and it's going down to €55. I just checked my account online, and apparently one of my products is this call baring too. Currently that is not charged for, and I never requested it, but they are going to start charging €3.30 from September. You can't remove this online either, so I may ring them. I'm going to ask them what it even is, as I've no idea.

For those that asked about the new bundle charges, and were told that it was for new customers only, ring them up and ask to speak to customer loyalty. They can move you to the new bundle prices, which can save you significant amounts of money.
    same here. UPC's pricing structure appears to work along similar lines as the hokey cokey. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

vibe666 wrote: »
    same here. UPC's pricing structure appears to work along similar lines as the hokey cokey. :D

LOL so true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Just like floatingvoter said, I rang upc and they said I also didnt have call barring on my account even though it says it on myupc page. She confirmed my package will be 40 a month now down from 42.
    We may be back on here come 5th september...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Ok, I talked to UPC. He said the letter has just examples on it but they are not prices for you specifically. I was told for me 25MB + Home Phone Free Time price would stay the same price of E42.

Also, call barring (allows you to block certain numbers) is an example I was told and doesn't mean you have it on your account. Guess we will see in September.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

rh5555 wrote: »
    Ok, I talked to UPC. He said the letter has just examples on it but they are not prices for you specifically. I was told for me 25MB + Home Phone Free Time price would stay the same price of E42.

Also, call barring (allows you to block certain numbers) is an example I was told and doesn't mean you have it on your account. Guess we will see in September.

Sounds like a very badly drafted letter! Any chance of posting a copy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Similar situation here, call barring on myUPC page but I don't use it so no charge, am taking the loophole of downgrading my 100mb line to 50mb from Sept. 5th as the limits for 50mb are increasing to 500gig, also upgrading my phone to anytime so in reality I'm saving a fiver from what I'm paying at the minute and will not not be concerned about when a call is being made, the 100mb to 50mb speed drop is not of concern to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jinx9000

rang upc and downgraded to the 12mb line................and got the extra tv point removed (was 3 euro a month)

this has brought me down from about €60 (extra point, increase to 25mb) to €45 a month (one tv point and 12mb).............

Advertisement