Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forerunner 210

• 13-12-2010 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I've been waiting to get this for ages. Anyone got any idea why it's taking so long for it to be available on this side of the world?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I've been waiting to get this for ages. Anyone got any idea why it's taking so long for it to be available on this side of the world?

Amazon.co.uk has it:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-Distance-System-010-00863-32/dp/B00487BSIY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1292247568&sr=8-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

There available directly from simply run for a reduced price of £199 at the moment with a free water bottle. Not sure how much postage is.

The 405 is available from curries in the uk, store pick up only for £109. If you know anyone in the uk who could pick it up for ya it would be a bargain. All the features of the 210 and alot more for £90.
    Link http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/garmin-forerunner-405-fitness-watch-02417843-pdt.html

I was gonna get the 405 until i tried one on and found it a bit too big and a little uncomfortable.
    My girlfriend just ordered the 210 for me for x mas from simple run:D, it was the cheapest i could find it this side of the atlantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Great. Thanks guys. Never thought of checking Amazon. £199 is a pretty good price from Simply Run. I'll probably order from there. Postage to Ireland is €8.39. Altogether it clocks in at approx €248. Has anyone used Simply Run before? I gather they're reliable as they also sell through Amazon.

Anyways, i just ordered from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Bigron78

Hi,

How did you order from Simply Run go? I'm considering purchasing from the website as the price has dropped even further to £188.

How is the watch functioning overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Bigron78 wrote: »
    Hi,

How did you order from Simply Run go? I'm considering purchasing from the website as the price has dropped even further to £188.

hi...it went fine actually...they're reliable...
    so far the watch is working well...it does what it's supposed to do...
    i'm a beginner at running so i don't need the watch to do a hell of
    a lot...if you're in the same boat, you may want to consider the 110...
    cheaper and not much difference...compare them and see what you think...

zak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Bigron78 wrote: »
    Hi,

So far im finding it excellent. I have used it about 8 times since christmas and i find it great for keeping tab of how my runs are going while out running.
    I really like monitoring my heart rate during the run and keeping it within the zones i want.
    It fits really well and if worn as an everyday watch it would not look out of place.
    The new HR strap is excellent and a big improvement on the previous one.

I have yet to use the interval function which is one of the reasons i got this watch. The reason being that im recovering from an injury and cannot run flat out quite yet. Interval training is not available on the 110 so this is a big plus for the 210.

If your just using it for running i would recommend this no problem, however if you also do some cycling i would go for the 310.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Bigron78

Thanks for the info guys.

Does the watch display both total time and lap time? From what I can make out, if the Autolap function is enabled the watch will display the previous laps time for only 5 seconds after the end of that lap. Is this correct?

I have a regular Timex Ironman 50, this displays both total run time and lap time. I find this very useful during races.

I think I will get the 210 as I need a heartrate monitor and am sick of trying to map my runs manually! I am a club runner but dont think I need the extra features of the 310 or the 410. I am an occasional cyclist and the 210 can be used for such. The only option missing is that it is not compatible with cadence sensor. Otherwise I think it will serve my needs.

I guess you read this before purchased......

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/12/garmin-forerunner-210-in-depth-review.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

That is an excellent review by DC Rainmaker. He gives great input into such a huge range of gadgets in his blogging.

Advertisement