Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Fair play to Sinn Féin I say. Better they get some money than Fianna Fáil get it and spend it on... oh I don't know, electronic voting machines or plans for a certain stadium (in Abbotstown) that has not since been built.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

If papers and some stupid right wingers would concentrate on the galling state of the irish economy rather than their usual anti SF bashing it might be the smart move.
    Coincidence: SF go up in the polls, more bashing, what next will they have links to a brothel, oh wait, willy tried that and should have been jailed for perjury.
    MOVE ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

So what if they were not involved in the drugs trade (which I know is false) they were still involved in racketeering, murder, robbery, extortion, smuggling, fuel laundering and now it seems protecting child abusers, in short activities every bit as bad as drug dealing so spare us the righteous indignation, it doesnt wash and before you come back with the usual 'yer but the loyalists' defence, nobody here is defending the actions of loyalists.

I see that the remains recently uncovered have been verified as one if the disappeared, mind telling what threat to Ireland a nan with learning difficultys posed that he had to be executed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

So can we all agree at least that Sinn Fein members have most definitelly been involved in murder and drug profiteering, in the absence of membership information from the IRA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

So can we all agree at least that Sinn Fein members have most definitelly been involved in murder and drug profiteering, in the absence of membership information from the IRA?
    Sinn Fein is probably the biggest terrorist political party around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Aidan1

The odd ex-member may have gone astray

I would have thought it fairly obvious that anyone who was a member of the Provisional IRA had already 'gone astray', what with all the murder, extortion, racketeering, kidnapping, torture and large scale robberies?

Oh wait, no, they're 'brave soldiers'. Right.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

junder wrote: »
    So what if they were not involved in the drugs trade (which I know is false) they were still involved in racketeering, murder, robbery, extortion, smuggling, fuel laundering and now it seems protecting child abusers, in short activities every bit as bad as drug dealing so spare us the righteous indignation, it doesnt wash and before you come back with the usual 'yer but the loyalists' defence, nobody here is defending the actions of loyalists.

I see that the remains recently uncovered have been verified as one if the disappeared, mind telling what threat to Ireland a nan with learning difficultys posed that he had to be executed.

ira were only ones killing handicapped were they ?, your bigotry and prejudice makes any statement you make irrelevant

18 August 1971 - Eamon McDevitt (28), Catholic civilian, a deaf mute, shot during street disturbances by British Army, Fountain Street, he came from St. Marys Drive, Strabane. This incident was one of a number to feature in a European Court of Human Rights inter-state case.

Aidan1 wrote: »
    I would have thought it fairly obvious that anyone who was a member of the Provisional IRA had already 'gone astray', what with all the murder, extortion, racketeering, kidnapping, torture and large scale robberies?

Oh wait, no, they're 'brave soldiers'. Right.:rolleyes:

any proof have you , know any ira men do you , ?

danbohan wrote: »
    ira were only ones killing handicapped were they ?, your bigotry and prejudice makes any statement you make irrelevant

18 August 1971 - Eamon McDevitt (28), Catholic civilian, a deaf mute, shot during street disturbances by British Army, Fountain Street, he came from St. Marys Drive, Strabane. This incident was one of a number to feature in a European Court of Human Rights inter-state case.
    Are you defending the IRA?

Yeah, but he was in a war, so it was ok. I mean, to most people it looks like a horrible murder, but to certain others it was a justified act of war just like the Warrington bombing that murdered those two children. Is that not the Sinn Fein/IRA position?

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »

go on tell us what you would really like to do to all sinners /fenians / nationalists , let it all out , all those years of hate , you will feel better

Are you defending the IRA?

are you defending british army /lvf/uvf ?

Yeah, but he was in a war, so it was ok. I mean, to most people it looks like a horrible murder, but to certain others it was a justified act of war just like the Warrington bombing that murdered those two children. Is that not the Sinn Fein/IRA position?

of course you can always show us an example of a war where innocent civilians were not killed ?

are you defending british army /lvf/uvf ?
    Without wanting to speak for Keith, any excuse you apply to the IRA/INLA can equally apply to the UVF/LVF etc. - "it was a war man, you don't understand, you weren't there man'.

Personally I hold in contempt anyone who justifies murder for political ends. They are all criminals in my opinion. I can't see how any Shinner can criticise the Loyalist terrorists who stooped to the same lows as they did.

of course you can always show us an example of a war where innocent civilians were not killed ?
    It wasn't a war. That is a convenient fiction that was used to justify the IRA killing men, women and children at random. It was a terrorist campaign. Perhaps you can explain the difference between what the IRA did and what Al Qaeda are doing?

What bigotry?

Without wanting to speak for Keith, any excuse you apply to the IRA/INLA can equally apply to the UVF/LVF etc. - "it was a war man, you don't understand, you weren't there man'.

Personally I hold in contempt anyone who justifies murder for political ends. They are all criminals in my opinion. I can't see how any Shinner can criticise the Loyalist terrorists who stooped to the same lows as they did.

if you knew anything of history of troubles in northern ireland you would know there was a distinct difference in actions of the ira in comparison to uvf , lvf uff . however as you probably were not even born let alone have lived thereat that time your ignorance is excusable

if you knew anything of history of troubles in northern ireland you would know there was a distinct difference in actions of the ira in comparison to uvf , lvf uff . however as you probably were not even born let alone have lived thereat that time your ignorance is excusable
    Well that's one way of avoiding the point - attack the person making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

junder wrote: »

Whataboutery much? For crying out loud he specifically mentioned no one was defending loyalists, and I'd imagine that extends to BA too.

Why can't you just call a spade a spade? BA killing vulnerable people was abhorrent but in no way justifies republicans doing the same.

It wasn't a war. That is a convenient fiction that was used to justify the IRA killing men, women and children at random. It was a terrorist campaign. Perhaps you can explain the difference between what the IRA did and what Al Qaeda are doing?

so if was not a war what was it. did you live through it in northern ireland from 1969 to 1994

• Advertisement

Well that's one way of avoiding the point - attack the person making it.

no , its because the person making it has no understanding of the situation at that time and yet purports themselves as an expert on the situation

Whataboutery much? For crying out loud he specifically mentioned no one was defending loyalists, and I'd imagine that extends to BA too.

Why can't you just call a spade a spade? BA killing vulnerable people was abhorrent but in no way justifies republicans doing the same.

of course all killings are abhorrent whatever the source , junder has never once condemned the actions of loyalists / british army murders

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

It was very much a war between the IRA and the British army. If you think it was a terrorist campaign and not a war, then it must of been 2 terrorist campaigns, between the British army and the IRA which doesn't really make sense. Unless you believe the British army are somehow not terrorists and the IRA are. In that case your definition of the word terrorist would be rather strange. As the British army murdered children, some would argue the British army declared war on the nationalist community on bloody sunday.

The IRA used terror against the people who were terrorising the nationalist community.

go on tell us what you would really like to do to all sinners /fenians / nationalists , let it all out , all those years of hate , you will feel better
    Why do people on here keep saying such words like that. If i said that, i would be warned or suspended or even banned. Why come out with such talk like that?

Why do people on here keep saying such words like that. If i said that, i would be warned or suspended or even banned. Why come out with such talk like that?

why should you be keith , your entitled to your opinion are you not ?

It was very much a war between the IRA and the British army. If you think it was a terrorist campaign and not a war, then it must of been 2 terrorist campaigns, between the British army and the IRA which doesn't really make sense. Unless you believe the British army are somehow not terrorists and the IRA are. In that case your definition of the word terrorist would be rather strange. As the British army murdered children, some would argue the British army declared war on the nationalist community on bloody sunday.

The IRA used terror against the people who were terrorising the nationalist community.
    Planting a bomb in Claudy was in any way of getting back at the British Army? Some wee girl cleaning her dads business blown apart. In what way was that good for the 'armed struggle'.

why should you be keith , your entitled to your opinion are you not ?
    I would of thought offensive words like fenian would not be allowed?

of course all killings are abhorrent whatever the source , junder has never once condemned the actions of loyalists / british army murders

Actully I have many times on other threads

Planting a bomb in Claudy was in any way of getting back at the British Army? Some wee girl cleaning her dads business blown apart. In what way was that good for the 'armed struggle'.

I am not talking about isolated incidents during a 30 year period. That incident you have highlighted was obviously **** up, these things happen in every war. I don't believe the wee girl was targeted, she was caught up in an explosion. Similar things happen in every wars, its a fact of war.

If you are going to go down the road of picking out isolated incidents then i can highlight several acts of terror carried out by British soldiers during their occupation of Ireland. The acts of terror the British army carried out only shows why their presence in Ireland is not welcome. The British army were paid soldiers who didn't care who they fought or where they fought, paid mercenaries.

The IRA were normal people who volunteered to fight an oppressive force because of their circumstances and surroundings, they felt their community was under attack, their friends and family under constant harassment and intimidation, politically motivated people who joined the IRA, due to the situation in the North of Ireland (which was not a normal situation). They didn't join an army for personal gain, they joined because they wanted to remove the British presence from Ireland. They get more respect from me than British soldiers who are paid to kill, and continue to kill innocents in the middle east today. Yet are portrayed as heroes by the British media.

No doubt you will have no problem with the British army and see them as your legit army, despite them being murdering innocents all across the world.

You would have no problem buying the X factor help for heroes Cd which funds the pensions of these people. :)

You probably see the IRA as terrorists and not the British army, despite them inflicting terror on innocent people across the globe in their imperialistic wars.

• Advertisement

Fenian is not offensive, it is a badge of honour.

You are beginning to sound like a kid in a playground crying for the teachers, reporting posts after provoking posters.

Advertisement