Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The reason i bring up the IRA is because its seen by people on this forum as a legitmate Army. Why did that legtimate army killed young and Old unionists/Protestants? It was sectarian murder. Im using the logic people on here use when they consider the PIRA a legit army. So you can compare both the BA and the IRA if you use that logic.

You talk about the poppy, the Easter lily is seen as something which supports all branches of the IRA, dating back to 1916 and also the PIRA. Why do you buy a Lily to remember people who killed children?

I don't buy a lilly where have i said i did? You said you buy a poppy though :confused:

There is no lily fund, the lily doesn't fund IRA soldiers medical care and pensions the way the poppy does.

Your doing it again Keith, it is being put to you that the British army murdered children and you continue to deflect away.

Im not sure i want to engage with you any longer, i find your mentality sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Your friend Junder has already stated he is a British soldier, have you asked him how many people he has killed?

Im baffled why you fund veterans that murdered children.
    Irish Republican Prisoners' Dependants Fund is what the easter lily money goes to. Why do republicans put money into that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

The reason i bring up the IRA is because its seen by people on this forum as a legitmate Army. Why did that legtimate army killed young and Old unionists/Protestants? It was sectarian murder. Im using the logic people on here use when they consider the PIRA a legit army. So you can compare both the BA and the IRA if you use that logic.

You talk about the poppy, the Easter lily is seen as something which supports all branches of the IRA, dating back to 1916 and also the PIRA. Why do you buy a Lily to remember people who killed children?

Why did the British army kill yound and old nationalists / catholics?

We can play this whataboutery all day.

Bad things happened. There is no heirarchy of victims. No-one comes out of the troubles well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

We know they robbed banks. We know they taxed/extorted businesses.
    For the umpteenth time, is extorting money to allow drug dealers do business involvement in the drugs trade? I say it is, but you say it isn't.

No one said you can't. What people are baffled by is why anyone would want to support a party which is lead by a former IRA commander who set up and killed a lot of people.

peter-robinson-gun.jpg

Again, we can play this whataboutery all day....

• Advertisement

An IRA informant working to the agenda of MI5, perhaps to force sinn fein's hand? have you ever heard of the littlejohn brothers? sometime an intelligence agency can allow an unsavoury/illegal act/operation to go ahead if they deem it will achieve a longer term objective- we saw numerous instances of this in Northern Ireland
    I'm not saying this is wasn't happened in this case, but nothing that went on up there would surprise me. With this in mind we have still to find out who is the leading sinn fein informant that has never been outed.
    An IRA informant working for MI5 carried out the Northern Bank robbery? Is this informant also Superman? :pac::pac::pac:

For the umpteenth time, is extorting money to allow drug dealers do business involvement in the drugs trade? I say it is, but you say it isn't.

Goalposts shifted....

You alledged they were involved in the trafficing and sale of class A drugs.

Now they are accused of extorting from dealers.

I can't keep up. How about you state, with sources, exactly what you are actually alledging and we can take it from there

Irish Republican Prisoners' Dependants Fund is what the easter lily money goes to. Why do republicans put money into that?

Wrong.

The Irish Republican Prisoners Dependants Fund is for republican prisoners who are not in any way tied to the provisional republican movement. They are a break away group formed in 1986, i have no idea why you think this has anything to do with the Easter Lily.

Why did the British army kill yound and old nationalists / catholics?

We can play this whataboutery all day.

Bad things happened. There is no heirarchy of victims. No-one comes out of the troubles well.
    Exactly. So why bring the BA into a thread which is about Sinn Fein and IRA activity. If you want to discuss the BA, go make a thread on the British Army and its activity in Northern Ireland.

Exactly. So why bring the BA into a thread which is about Sinn Fein and IRA activity. If you want to discuss the BA, go make a thread on the British Army and its activity in Northern Ireland.

Because it was said that it was not a war, in order to debate that you need to look at who was fighting in the conflict. So obviously we have to discuss the British army. It just highlights that your a hypocrite though when you copy ans paste children murdered by the IRA to point score while at the same time funding the British army who murdered Irish children.

• Advertisement

Because it was said that it was not a war, in order to debate that you need to look at who was fighting in the conflict. So obviously we have to discuss the British army. It just highlights that your a hypocrite though when you copy ans paste children murdered by the IRA to point score while at the same time funding the British army who murdered Irish children.
    Go make a thread on it then. Then it can be discussed without going off topic. This thread is about the Sinn Fein and IRA activity. IRA activity which killed Protestants and Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Whats your defence for being part of an army who has murdered so many children. You also fund the veterans who carried out murder in Ireland, Iraq, Afghan, and the Malvinas islands. You are a British soldier, what is your defence for being part of an army that conducted a campaign of terror against the nationalist community?

I am not ashamed to be part of her majestic armed forces, I hope to serve her with honour when I deploy to afghan. I have not nor will I ever be involved in the murder of innocent people and will conduct myself in occurdance with the law for international armed conflict in the fill knowledge that I as a individual soldier are responsable for my own actions and that the defence of 'I was just following orders does not wash. Futhermore I believe nobody us above the law and I unreservedly condemn the murder of innocent people and believe thier is no justification.
    Now what has this got to do with the pira's involvement in kidnapping, smuggling, extortion, racketeering, murder, robbery etc etc

junder wrote: »
    I am not ashamed to be part of her majestic armed forces, I hope to serve her with honour when I deploy to afghan. I have not nor will I ever be involved in the murder of innocent people and will conduct myself in occurdance with the law for international armed conflict in the fill knowledge that I as a individual soldier are responsable for my own actions and that the defence of 'I was just following orders does not wash. Futhermore I believe nobody us above the law and I unreservedly condemn the murder of innocent people and believe thier is no justification.
    Now what has this got to do with the pira's involvement in kidnapping, smuggling, extortion, racketeering, murder, robbery etc etc

What regiment are you in?

Goalposts shifted....

You alledged they were involved in the trafficing and sale of class A drugs.

Now they are accused of extorting from dealers.
    Please quote the post I made where I said that they traffic drugs.
    I can't keep up.
    Do try.
    How about you state, with sources, exactly what you are actually alledging and we can take it from there
    One last time:
    Only two weeks ago in Dublin, another Sinn Fein election worker, Bernard Dempsey, was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of a man from the Liberties, who had insulted him for accepting money from local drug dealers.
    Dempsey, the one-time Provisional IRA boss in south-inner Dublin, was convicted last Friday week of murdering local man James Curran, 42, in the Green Lizard pub, in April last year. He was also the prime suspect in the attempted murder of a key witness in a manslaughter case against local republican vigilantes six years ago.
    Dempsey was the key suspect for shooting Alan Byrne, a 23-year-old friend of Liberties heroin addict and HIV sufferer, Josie Dwyer, who was beaten to death by a republican mob in May 1996. All those involved with Sinn Fein supporters at the time, and a short time earlier, had attended a meeting addressed by Gerry Adams.
    Dempsey and his Sinn Fein associates held themselves out as being opposed to drug dealing criminals.
    However, in recent years, Dempsey and his close associates had done deals to allow certain drug dealers to ply their trade in the Liberties and Coombe areas, in return for pay-offs.
    According to local people James Curran was shot dead by Dempsey after "slagging him off" in a local pub just after Christmas, 2004.
    They say Mr Curran, a champion kick-boxer, had seen Dempsey and his associates taking an envelope of cash from members of a well-known heroin dealing gang in a local pub.
    Mr Curran had personal experience of the damage heroin had done to his local community, and began shouting down the bar at Dempsey. "He was shouting: 'Here, I'll buy you a pint. This is not drug money. This is clean money'," a local source said.
    Dempsey was said to be furious but was unable to do anything as the powerfully built Mr Curran would have "hammered" him, local people said.
    Dempsey took his revenge for this loss of face on April 3 2005, when he walked up behind Mr Curran, who was sitting at the bar, and shot him through the back of the head. The murder was carried out in the full view of customers.
    After Dempsey's arrest several of the witnesses were told they would be murdered if they gave evidence.
    This is the kind of heroic 'soldier' that was promoted to command level in the IRA. Fascinating. Most normal people would regard guys like this as dangerous scum. But in the IRA he was a boss.

See if you can detect the link to drug money in the excerpt I quoted (for, I think, the 4th time).

Do you search under your car? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Do you search under your car? :D
    He does actualy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

What people are baffled by is why anyone would want to support a party which is lead by a former IRA commander who set up and killed a lot of people.

Yes but people wont think about that. I totally agree with you btw, they make my skin crawl. SF are promising people an alternative to the harsh cuts which all the other parties have in their plans. With SF's "wonderfully sensible" plans, people will have more money to spend and they can return to the lifestyle they had during the boom years. That's the bottom line, the past doesnt count.

What regiment are you in?
    Junder, you only have to give him name, rank and serial number - nothing else! Geneva convention and all that.

How many people have you killed Junder?

Futhermore I believe nobody us above the law and I unreservedly condemn the murder of innocent people and believe thier is no justification.
    Ah, I see now why you won't get on with the hardcore Shinners. :(

• Advertisement

How many people have you killed Junder?
    I think he killed somewhere in the region of 80 million.

What a silly question

2500 dead Afghan civilians in 3 years, murdered by the army that Junder is part of and Keith funds. So lets get this straight, neither of you have right to copy and paste about IRA atrocities while funding child murder, its point scoring hypocrisy with no regard for the innocent victims of war.

It is provocative, hegmonic, jingoism.

neil_hosey wrote: »
    Why dont you answer Lonesomes Questions? instead of spouting this fcuking bull****!!
    A spectacular way to admit defeat. :rolleyes:

2500 dead Afghan civilians in 3 years, murdered by the army that Junder is part of and Keith funds. So lets get this straight, neither of you have right to copy and paste about IRA atrocities while funding child murder, its point scoring hypocrisy with no regard for the innocent victims.
    LB, can you prove that the British army murdered any of these civilians? Or is proof only required when SF are denying any links to criminality?

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    He does actualy
    Has he told you?

Has he told you?
    Yeah, think it was him, he was saying that he teaches kids to swim or something, and has to check his car as he works in the community.

LB, can you prove that the British army murdered any of these civilians? Or is proof only required when SF are denying any links to criminality?

That is the statistics from the United Nations Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) who publish statistics on civilian casualties, splitting them into deaths caused by government/military forces.

That is the statistics from the United Nations Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) who publish statistics on civilian casualties, splitting them into deaths caused by government/military forces.
    But can you prove it was murder? If there's a civilain in the middle of a firefight, he might be killed by accident. If there are only civilians in an area, and the British army deliberately dropped a bomb there, then that would be murder. The distinction matters I think (although less so if you are one of the unfortunate civilians in question).

But can you prove it was murder? If there's a civilain in the middle of a firefight, he might be killed by accident. If there are only civilians in an area, and the British army deliberately dropped a bomb there, then that would be murder. The distinction matters I think (although less so if you are one of the unfortunate civilians in question).
    You will apply the same logic to the IRA then yeah?

• Advertisement

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Yeah, think it was him, he was saying that he teaches kids to swim or something, and has to check his car as he works in the community.
    It's ridiculous that in this day and age an apparently decent guy has to do things like that, while people who are known to have killed ordinary people and 'ordinary' criminals can live a normal life. :(

Advertisement