Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

danbohan wrote: »
    mallons views he disagreed with related to democracy probably , ken maginis is an ex major in udr which in case you forgotten was involved in many murders of nationalists ,

I agree that the UDR were a tool of the unionist majority and killed and maimed innocent people but was Ken Maginnis involved in any specific case.

I know Ken Maginns through his work with Autism NI and UK as well as the Republic Autism network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

1: That the IRA are the kingpins in the Irish drugs trade.
    Please link to the posts making that allegation.

Winty wrote: »
    I agree that the UDR were a tool of the unionist majority and killed and maimed innocent people but was Ken Maginnis involved in any specific case.

I know Ken Maginns through his work with Autism NI and UK as well as the Republic Autism network.
    Winty, you forget that there is no good Unionist. Similarly, anybody in the British army desevers to be murdered for...some reason I'm a bit vague on. Mussolini seems to think it is reasonable that one of the posters here, a community worker, has to check under his car every day in case someone is trying to murder him..."he made his choice" I believe was the phrase used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

None.

Out of tens of thousands of years of jail time handed down since 1969? Funny that, for an organisation allegedly up to its neck in drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Winty, you forget that there is no good Unionist. Similarly, anybody in the British army desevers to be murdered for...some reason I'm a bit vague on. Mussolini seems to think it is reasonable that one of the posters here, a community worker, has to check under his car every day in case someone is trying to murder him..."he made his choice" I believe was the phrase used.
    He knew what he was getting in to in fairness, if he wanted to avoid that crap he neednt have joined the BA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Now you are just being nasty. Mussolini offered no opinion on the rights and wrongs of Junder having to take precautions, merely pointed out that he walked into that situation with his eyes open. He was fully aware that he might be targetted over his choice. Behave yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

perhaps if you had spent some time in northern ireland as a nationalist under a unionist administration pre 1970 your love of unionists might not be as strong as it is now , the british army has a nasty habit of murdering irish people , has done so for 100s of years but of course we are supposed to forget or in your case rewrite history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

what about killing innocent people in Afghanistan keith your grand with that ?
    Not that i care too much about the **** hole which is Afganistan, but killing innocent people is wrong.

perhaps if you had spent some time in northern ireland as a nationalist under a unionist administration pre 1970 your love of unionists might not be as strong as it is now , the british army has a nasty habit of murdering irish people , has done so for 100s of years but of course we are supposed to forget or in your case rewrite history
    The conflict is over dan. Why do i keep hearing this? The conflict in terms of violence on the police and so on should stop because there is a peace process. The process is to aim for politics and peace.

I only ever met a couple of Northern Protestants, and they were nice people. I'm not buying the 'they are all bad' narrative that lurks jsut below the skin of many Shinners.

Edit: Would you please cite an example of me re-writing history? I don't expect you will be able to, but I have to challenge that sort of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Not quite. They weren't allowed carry out operations in Wales or Scotland.
    Err, there is only England left on the mainland UK.

Yes, mainland UK BTW, as the IRA didn't carry out attacks on these islands outside of the UK mainland is appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

fred is a refugee here , his heart is on the '' mainland'' , please excuse

Please don't speak on my behalf, especially when you can't get your facts right.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

I only ever met a couple of Northern Protestants, and they were nice people. I'm not buying the 'they are all bad' narrative that lurks jsut below the skin of many Shinners.

Edit: Would you please cite an example of me re-writing history? I don't expect you will be able to, but I have to challenge that sort of nonsense.

You mean the people who founded the republican movement?

But republicans kill people because they are protestants according to some warped people on here.

Please don't speak on my behalf, especially when you can't get your facts right.

What are you then? You can't be Irish if you refer to Britain as the 'mainland'.

Anyway, Gerry Adams has denied the whole IRA thing and the bank robbery but this is a guy who says he wasn't in the IRA and yet in the same sentence says he doesn't distance himself from the IRA and also says he was never approached to join the IRA yet there is evidence he was in the IRA and he even said so via a letter he wrote in prison.

I’m amazed how republicans vote for Gerry Adams in Sinn Fein. The guy is the most confused and ****ed up politician in Irish and UK politics.

Brenden Hughes who is a legend among republican nationalists says he was in the PIRA, he give out orders and set up squads too in the PIRA. Why would he lie about that? Why do Sinn Fein voters not take enough notice of this? Do you not feel he is shaming what some of your people fought for in the past by lying?

You mean the people who founded the republican movement?

But republicans kill people because they are protestants according to some warped people on here.
    Take it up with DanBohan - we are in agreement on this I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    He knew what he was getting in to in fairness, if he wanted to avoid that crap he neednt have joined the BA.

Same could be said for provies when they got killed

junder wrote: »
    Same could be said for provies when they got killed
    So you consider yourself as an equal to a provo volunteer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

KeithAFC wrote: »
    yet there is evidence he was in the IRA and he even said so via a letter he wrote in prison.

Provide the said evidence then please.
    I’m amazed how republicans vote for Gerry Adams in Sinn Fein.

It's quite simple. He has been the forefront of Republican politics for decades, and has kept the issue alive and relevant in 21st century Ireland.
    Brenden Hughes who is a legend among republican nationalists says he was in the PIRA

He was an ardent critic of Sinn Féin and Gerry Adams. Do you always look at critics when seeking a balanced, and unbiased account of someone - or is only when you're looking to find faults in Republicanism?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

dlofnep wrote: »
    Provide the said evidence then please.

It's quite simple. He has been the forefront of Republican politics for decades, and has kept the issue alive and relevant in 21st century Ireland.

He was an ardent critic of Sinn Féin and Gerry Adams. Do you always look at critics when seeking a balanced, and unbiased account of someone - or is only when you're looking to find faults in Republicanism?

What balanced unbiased people are saying GA was not a member of the IRA?

Do you think Hughes was a liar? Reading his blogs and watching videos of him I don't believe he would lie about this. He had nothing to gain from it. Also worth remembering he was dedicated enough to starve himself to a week from death so I wouldn't be dismissing his word so easily.

• Advertisement

What balanced unbiased people are saying GA was not a member of the IRA?

Do you think Hughes was a liar? Reading his blogs and watching videos of him I don't believe he would lie about this. He had nothing to gain from it. Also worth remembering he was dedicated enough to starve himself to a week from death so I wouldn't be dismissing his word so easily.

Same with Dolours Price, she was on hunger strike for 200 days and is a strong critic of Adams, she says he is 'living a lie' and she took orders from him, she is a very strong critic of Adams,

Both of them i would believe ahead of Adams.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1326593/Gerry-Adams-was-my-commander-says-IRA-bomber.html

Same with Dolours Price, she was on hunger strike for 200 days and is a strong critic of Adams, she says he is 'living a lie' and she took orders from him, she is a very strong critic of Adams,

Both of them i would believe ahead of Adams.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1326593/Gerry-Adams-was-my-commander-says-IRA-bomber.html
    I assume she was forcefed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

yeah same as Gerry Kelly

She was, Michael Gaughan who was on strike at the same time as her died from force feeding.
    The method of force-feeding hadn’t changed from the days when Thomas Ashe died due to the brutality of it in 1917. The brutality of the force-feeding and resisting the doctors and the warders took its toll on the hunger-strikers. It left them battered and bruised, drained physically and mentally. The physiological torture of this barbaric assault on a person also had an effect as one of the hunger-strikers recounted to a relative at the time: “The mental agony of waiting to be force-fed is getting to the stage where it now outweighs the physical discomfort of having to go through with it.'’

So you consider yourself as an equal to a provo volunteer?

Certainly not after all i have morals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

junder wrote: »
    Certainly not after all i have morals

And you wonder why the war went on as long as it went on...

And you wonder why the war went on as long as it went on...
    Still going on for some!

Well you have dodged the issue, pointed fingers and generally done everything you can to try and shift the empahsis from the pira's criminality. So about the kidnapping, smuggling, extortion, murder (garada McCabe?), robberys, racketeering, done by the pira, got anything to say about that or are you just going to beat around the bush again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

This is what happens when the first post is so vague...

• Advertisement

This is what happens when the first post is so vague...
    This is what happens in every even vaguely republican themed thread.

Advertisement