Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

We don't practice triumphalist parades in Ireland. Progressive societies generally don't. When Britain celebrates victories in the world wars, the greatest known wars in the history of man kind, does it go to German communities and laud it over them? No, the only supposedly British people who are ignorant enough to carry on with such moronically childish behaviour are the Ulster Unionists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjflE9TVYc&feature=related
    go to 1:10 and set your faces to LOL!
    Eh? The people who parade and celebrate our culture in Northern Ireland do it in a state which belongs to the United Kingdom. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Eh? The people who parade and celebrate our culture in Northern Ireland do it in a state which belongs to the United Kingdom. :confused:

Completely irrelevant, not addressing any of the points I made.... Ladies and Gentlemen, the Irish Unionist community! (applause)

Completely irrelevant, not addressing any of the points I made.... Ladies and Gentlemen, the Irish Unionist community! (applause)
    You said do they do it infront of a different country, no they don't. They do it in their own country which belongs to the United Kingdom.

You said do they do it infront of a different country, no they don't. They do it in their own country which belongs to the United Kingdom.

I clearly said community. Stop changing my posts to attempt to back up mindless, triumphalist bigotry.

I clearly said community. Stop changing my posts to attempt to back up mindless, triumphalist bigotry.
    You brought up Germany regarding the UK and remembrance day. It was a stupid point to make because they aren't doing it in a different country.

• Advertisement

You brought up Germany regarding the UK and remembrance day. It was a stupid point to make because they aren't doing it in a different country.

I said community! Read what I wrote. It's a terrible shame you can't even understand the language of your own Head of State. For shame!

Restraint in celebration is the British way (see Remembrance Sunday each and every year), not these outlandish Orange Marches. Disgusting.

Now off to your triumphalist parades!

I said community! Read what I wrote. It's a terrible shame you can't even understand the language of your own Head of State. For shame!

Restraint in celebration is the British way (see Remembrance Sunday each and every year), not these outlandish Orange Marches. Disgusting.

Now off to your triumphalist parades!
    Progressive societies generally don't. When Britain celebrates victories in the world wars, the greatest known wars in the history of man kind, does it go to German communities and laud it over them?
    Its the same thing. People who celebrate the 12th of July in Northern Ireland do it in a state which belongs to the United Kingdom. The german comparison is stupid.

Its the same thing. People who celebrate the 12th of July in Northern Ireland do it in a state which belongs to the United Kingdom. The german comparison is stupid.

So communities and states are the same thing? So the Nationalist community up the north is a separate state? The self-defeating ideology on an Irish Unionist. Haha

So communities and states are the same thing? So the Nationalist community up the north is a separate state? The self-defeating ideology on an Irish Unionist. Haha
    You said do people who remember the dead in the UK go into German communities and do it which is stupid. The nationalist community in Northern Ireland belong to the state which is Northern Ireland which is in the United Kingdom. A lot of the marches in Northern Ireland don't go into nationalist areas anyway.

And its that sort of attitude which is why the peace walls are still up anyway because in a UI, you will still get parades going past estates which have a nationalist majority.

You said do people who remember the dead in the UK go into German communities and do it which is stupid. The nationalist community in Northern Ireland belong to the state which is Northern Ireland which is in the United Kingdom. A lot of the marches in Northern Ireland don't go into nationalist areas anyway.

And its that sort of attitude which is why the peace walls are still up anyway because in a UI, you will still get parades going past estates which have a nationalist majority.

Oh for the sake of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, will you shagging well read what I wrote and stop changing it slightly to support your line of argument.

"laud it over them? No." There you go, little boy. Why do you bigots march anyway? Oh that's right, to Lord it over Irish nationalists. I forgot!

Yeah, I fear the day parades try to go through Tallaght :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh for the sake of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, will you shagging well read what I wrote and stop changing it slightly to support your line of argument.

"laud it over them? No." There you go, little boy. Why do you bigots march anyway? Oh that's right, to Lord it over Irish nationalists. I forgot!

Yeah, I fear the day parades try to go through Tallaght :rolleyes:
    One minute you want a United Ireland and for both cultures to come together, the next minute your against the idea of thousands of Protestants/Unionists marching be it in the Orange Order or Ulster bands in a United Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The orange order and the loyalists on them with their triumphalist marching are renowned worldwide as nothing more than sectarian racist bigots. Of that there is absolutely no doubt, no matter how much that's painted over very prettily. They're not even British, even people from the UK are ashamed of them, what they do and what they stand and march for, you're own people for which you claim to belong too, are ashamed of what you do and what you march for.
    I suppose though, if anything, at least they're not bigoted against disabled people, what with your King Billy being a retarded midget and all - not that there's anything wrong with being a retarded midget mind, more power to the little people -Jaysus, sure wasn't he almost like a little Leprechaun, poor little fella up there on his white horse, he looked so sad :(

Who was that again that marched hand in hand with King Rat and Johnny Adair down toward Garvaghy road and broadcast all over the world for everyone to see the true meaning of your marches ? Wasn't Trimble was it and wait, wasn't that the McCrea up on stage with Billy the rat ?

Yes, peaceful non sectarian marches, complete with mass murderers.

I'll observe your right to march if you observe the rights of all people to live in an equal society with equal rights without fear and intimidation nor threats of death just because of their religion, colour or where they might come from. The orange order are so out of touch and backward in their nature and thinking that even the majority of hardened loyalist terrorists have turned their back on them these days, preferring instead to accept people and live and let live rather than trumpet up old boring sectarian marches celebrating your supposed superiority over Catholics by putting a Leprechaun on a white horse up as your saviour...

So anyway yeah, g'luck with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Its not prejudice. 100% of OO marches in the Republic are peaceful. The idea was put forward that Dublin would ban OO marches in a UI is patently bull.

The Dublin orange lodge has applied many times to parade in thier own city and they have been turned down. Once the Dublin city council invited the Dublin orange lodge to take part in a saint patricks parade and yet again what could have a great for community relations was torpedoed by non other then sinn fein. And of course as seen by the above posts it didnt take your fellow country men long to show how much they respect mine and keiths culture, so I say again, paranoid, I think not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

In the instance of a UI the parades will be irrelevant tbh

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    In the instance of a UI the parades will be irrelevant tbh

Not to us they wont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What I meant was they they will have no current day relevance, ie it wont be rubbing peoples faces in a current situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    What I meant was they they will have no current day relevance, ie it wont be rubbing peoples faces in a current situation.
    St. Patrick's Day marches, if perceived as nationalist triumphalism somehow, may become problematic though.

Kind of ironic really, an Irish orange lodge (Dublin lodge) can't parade through an Irish city (Dublin) because a northern Irish political party (sinn fein) says so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

junder wrote: »
    Kind of ironic really, an Irish orange lodge (Dublin lodge) can't parade through an Irish city (Dublin) because a northern Irish political party (sinn fein) says so

It's not ironic.

Firstly. Sinn Féin is an Irish party.

Secondly, Sinn Féin alone does not determine who can and who can't march through Dublin. When the Orange Order stops being a sectarian, hateful organisation - perhaps it might be more welcome by the residents of Dublin city.

This thread has completely veered off-topic as expected. Once again, it's anything goes in a Sinn Féin thread on politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

The Dublin orange lodge has applied many times to parade in thier own city and they have been turned down. Once the Dublin city council invited the Dublin orange lodge to take part in a saint patricks parade and yet again what could have a great for community relations was torpedoed by non other then sinn fein. And of course as seen by the above posts it didnt take your fellow country men long to show how much they respect mine and keiths culture, so I say again, paranoid, I think not

Link?

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »
    The orange order and the loyalists on them with their triumphalist marching are renowned worldwide as nothing more than sectarian racist bigots. Of that there is absolutely no doubt, no matter how much that's painted over very prettily. They're not even British, even people from the UK are ashamed of them, what they do and what they stand and march for, you're own people for which you claim to belong too, are ashamed of what you do and what you march for.
    I suppose though, if anything, at least they're not bigoted against disabled people, what with your King Billy being a retarded midget and all - not that there's anything wrong with being a retarded midget mind, more power to the little people -Jaysus, sure wasn't he almost like a little Leprechaun, poor little fella up there on his white horse, he looked so sad :(

Who was that again that marched hand in hand with King Rat and Johnny Adair down toward Garvaghy road and broadcast all over the world for everyone to see the true meaning of your marches ? Wasn't Trimble was it and wait, wasn't that the McCrea up on stage with Billy the rat ?

Yes, peaceful non sectarian marches, complete with mass murderers.

I'll observe your right to march if you observe the rights of all people to live in an equal society with equal rights without fear and intimidation nor threats of death just because of their religion, colour or where they might come from. The orange order are so out of touch and backward in their nature and thinking that even the majority of hardened loyalist terrorists have turned their back on them these days, preferring instead to accept people and live and let live rather than trumpet up old boring sectarian marches celebrating your supposed superiority over Catholics by putting a Leprechaun on a white horse up as your saviour...

So anyway yeah, g'luck with that...
    Nice bigotry.:pac:

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's not ironic.

Secondly, Sinn Féin alone does not determine who can and who can't march through Dublin. When the Orange Order stops being a sectarian, hateful organisation - perhaps it might be more welcome by the residents of Dublin city.

This thread has completely veered off-topic as expected. Once again, it's anything goes in a Sinn Féin thread on politics.
    Im surprised the OO are in Dublin. I know they have been in Dublin for a long time but they should come home to Northern Ireland.

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's not ironic.

Sinn fein threatened to demonstrate and block the parade, Dublin city council fearing trouble revoked the invitation for the Dublin orange lodge to take part in the saint patricks parade. Moreover then perception of many of your fellow country men is that sinn fein are a northern Irish party, maybe I should have put it in quote marks since i was using a belief taken from posters on this very site. As for being a hateful sectarian orginization from my perpection I could say the say the same thing about sinn fein and the pira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sinn fein threatened to demonstrate and block the parade

We have freedom of assembly in Ireland, allowing any group to protest against anything they deem inappropriate. I would demonstrate against any bigoted, archaic organisation of the likes of the Orange Order, The National Front or the KKK. All are equally repulsive.
    Moreover then perception of many of your fellow country men is that sinn fein are a northern Irish party

I'm sure a handful of my countrymen believe that the earth is flat, and that the earth is 6000 years old - That doesn't make it so. Sinn Féin are an Irish political party.
    maybe I should have put it in quote marks since i was using a belief taken from posters on this very site.

Maybe you should have stuck to the facts.
    As for being a hateful sectarian orginization from my perpection I could say the say the same thing about sinn fein and the pira

Ah, typical whataboutery. Sinn Féin don't stop people from joining based on their religious beliefs. The Orange Order does.

Junder, Keith,

This last few pages haven't gone well for you. You have started from a quite frankly bewildering view of southern society where people are forced to play Gaelic games and the OO and Union Flag are banned and now we are onto the unsourced idea that SF got the Dublin Corpo to not allow an OO contingent on the Paddies Day Parade. Thats quite the climbdown.

You clearly have no idea about reality of life in Ireland, and its outrageously offensive to suggest that the south treats its minorities in any way shape or form as badly as your political tradition.

Junder, Keith,

This last few pages haven't gone well for you. You have started from a quite frankly bewildering view of southern society where people are forced to play Gaelic games and the OO and Union Flag are banned and now we are onto the unsourced idea that SF got the Dublin Corpo to not allow an OO contingent on the Paddies Day Parade. Thats quite the climbdown.

You clearly have no idea about reality of life in Ireland, and its outrageously offensive to suggest that the south treats its minorities in any way shape or form as badly as your political tradition.
    I never mentioned the GAA? I was talking about the OO. Oh and surprise, a protestant religious organisation not allowing Catholics. :rolleyes:

Junder, Keith,

I qualified my statement on the gaa by saying perhaps they would be forced to play gealic sports in your school system, Don't what the curriculum is in the republic but I am sure gealic sports plays a large part of games and pe sessions in schools is it a curriculum requirement I don't know, I do know however that Irish is a curriculum requirement and that it was (may gave changed i don't know) a requirement to have Irish fir the civil service, police force and I think even the judicial service. And just because something (at this moment) is unsourced does not make it untrue. The Dublin city council did invite the Dublin orange lodge to take part in a sT Patricks day parade ( I think it was in 2000) sinn fein did threaten counter demonstrations which met the Dublin city council fearing trouble revoked the invite. Sad say when Irish men can not express thier culture in thier own city and a sad day for community relations. Now I am a loyalists, I believe that my culture will not be respected if tolerated in your so called united Irelan, i do believe that the dublin orange order are not allowed to parade in dublin because sinn fein wont let them, so why not prove me wrong, were us your source that says the dublin orange order can parade in dublin unmolested, and i sm not intrested in examples of legislation, since far as i am concerned that any leguslation allowing the dublin orange order can parade because sinn fein were albe to get the dublin city council to stop the dublin lodge parading.

I think a lot of nationalists like to say this will happen in a united ireland or that will happen in a united ireland when you get the vibe it will not be anything like peace as some suggest.

Christ lads, you would swear we ate the Protestants and Anglo-Irish the way you are talking.

Your traditions would be far safer in a UI than nationalist traditions were under Stormont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

sinn fein are a party in the republic too yano :rolleyes:

and I'm sure if I started a poll here we'd see it's more than just sinn fein that doesn't want an orange march through dublin city centre

Advertisement