Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe weather: Snow and Ice and sub zero temperatures from Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

*tumble weed*

Very quite in here this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

*tumble weed*

Very quite in here this morning.

they're all down in the bunkers stocking up, have you not been the reading the posts on here, the ''greenland express'' is on the way followed by snow upto maybe 5 feet, followed by ice and maybe -20 temperatures, its going to be apocalyptic i tell ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

It's the sound of anticipation...

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The media appear to picking up on this weather story slowly but surely. Its obvious that they base their articles on Met Eireann, who have said nothing particularly dramatic yet.

Strangley quiet here this morning alright, are people snowed in already!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Shock maybe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Up in the NW we are ready... Sitting quietly. Waiting. Watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

So this is it down to our last days of freedom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

irish1967 wrote: »

:D

Shame Mayo Council wont be.

and tell us, can you see anything yet, any strange cloud formations, maybe has a bird flying in a northerly direction suddenly turned back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys i'm here so no need to worry:D!

Heard the forecast from Gerry Murphy this morning on radio 1 - sounds good but he only mentioned the north, west and west munster. Didn't hear any mention of the south and east - or is this just the early days of the freeze? I was too excited I probably didn't listen properly!!:D

• Advertisement

Though, having been here a few years I know how, even at this stage, things can downgrade even at this stage. As I see it , it will start to get breezy up here late Wednesday. Temps plunge and winds strengthen early Thursday and then it snows for 48 hours.

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey guys i'm here so no need to worry:D!

Heard the forecast from Gerry Murphy this morning on radio 1 - sounds good but he only mentioned the north, west and west munster. Didn't hear any mention of the south and east - or is this just the early days of the freeze? I was too excited I probably didn't listen properly!!:D

I would have thought at this stage he would have mentioned your actual street :)

I would have thought at this stage he would have mentioned your actual street :)

HAHA!! Yes he'd better or Leahyl won't be happy!:mad:........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No Gerry being Gerry he mentioned plenty of sleeeeeettttt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Keep worrying there'll be a downgrade after following it for so long...

come on winter storm,come to daddy

so i take from gerry's forecast earlier, us folks in meath are safe from snow until at least saturday, would that be a fair assumption to make even though the bbc say east ulster will get snow and we're not to far from there.

Can see it now !
    Security Guard at ME : " Jaysus Gerry ! Run !! There's a mad screaming cork woman in the carpark with a snowplough looking for you !! "

Can see it now !
    Security Guard at ME : " Jaysus Gerry ! Run !! There's a mad screaming cork woman in the carpark with a snowplough looking for you !! "

LMFAO!! That's not a bad idea actually........:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

goodies wrote: »
    raise awareness about how bad this might be with people and I am surprised at reactions. do any of ye get grief ??

Biggest problem is the TV & Radio. If [in Cork] Neill Prenderville does not say it on his radio, it's not true. If the guy on the TV says there is a thaw [and stops mid sentence] then that's gospel and I'm a fruit.

Over time, when my [board weather forum] predictions come right or more right, some do remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Hi all,
    We have a charity day in work today and i am giving the xmas weather forecast. really hard to call 24/25/26 Dec from looking at the ECM. Anyone like to stick their neck out for me? I am going for a slight warming trend by xmas day, a bit like what we had a few days ago - "less cold" - as the high nudges in from the west?

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=240&mode=1&map=0&archive=0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

inabina wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We have a charity day in work today and i am giving the xmas weather forecast. really hard to call 24/25/26 Dec from looking at the ECM. Anyone like to stick their neck out for me? I am going for a slight warming trend by xmas day, a bit like what we had a few days ago - "less cold" - as the high nudges in from the west?

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=240&mode=1&map=0&archive=0

do a siobhan ryan on it - wintry mix! covers a multitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Met eireann seem to say there will be rain on thursday.
    From MT.s forecast It looks to me like the heavy snow for northwest doesnt look to be as bad as others where saying? 4-9cm is hardly snowmaggadon.
    With the heavier 20cm mentioned for the east and south over the weekend :(

Still no weather warning on the met eireann website....:rolleyes:

Pangea wrote: »
    Met eireann seem to say there will be rain on thursday.
    From MT.s forecast It looks to me like the heavy snow for northwest doesnt look to be as bad as others where saying? 4-9cm is hardly snowmaggadon.
    With the heavier 20cm mentioned for the east and south over the weekend :(

YAY!!

SNOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

If I could I would send all the snow that would fall around here to Pangea and leahyl.

So not looking forward to it.

Min wrote: »
    If I could I would send all the snow that would fall around here to Pangea and leahyl.

So not looking forward to it.

AAAAWWW Min you don't meant that....;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

leahyl wrote: »
    YAY!!
    He didnt say south west :P
    edit: just realised that cork is not really south west, my appauling knowdeldge of things down south has become apparent lol

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    He didnt say south west :P

You said 20cm for the SOUTH!! Cork IS the South!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement