Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe weather: Snow and Ice and sub zero temperatures from Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

NoodleMc wrote: »
    Briquettes bought and in the car
    Take them in ffs, no bloody use in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

It gonna snow!

olliewilliams.jpg

What :eek: Who told you that? Liars :P :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

by the looks of the charts as they are does anyone know will there be more snow fall due than last week or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

kenmc wrote: »
    Take them in ffs, no bloody use in the car!

LOL - my car is my pantry / garage! :) Everything is stored in there - no room in the house! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

I'm in a dilemma ;) I really want snow but am working all next week and christmas and have a 50 mile commute and calling in "Snowed in Sir! " is not really an option in my job.

I suppose if there was a sh1t load of snow nobody would able to work anyway and most places would close ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

channaigh wrote: »
    by the looks of the charts as they are does anyone know will there be more snow fall due than last week or less?
    MT's early call for snow fall amounts - posted earlier
    REGION .............. THURS .... FRI ..... SAT ..... SUN ..... MON

Ulster ..................... 08 ...... 07 ...... 10 ..... 07 ...... 03

Connacht ................ 05 ...... 10 ...... 03 ..... 03 ...... 02

West Munster, Clare .. 03 ..... 03 ...... 05 ..... 10 ...... 10

East Munster ............ 01 ..... 02 ...... 05 ..... 10 ...... 10

inland southeast ....... 02 ..... 03 ...... 05 ..... 15 ...... 15

Dublin/Wicklow ......... 01 ..... 02 ...... 05 ..... 10 ...... 15

rest of Leinster ........ 03 ..... 04 ...... 05 ..... 07 ...... 07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

NoodleMc wrote: »
    LOL - my car is my pantry / garage! :) Everything is stored in there - no room in the house! :D

As good a deep-freeze as anywhere, and probably cheaper too. Just don't let it freeze shut!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

missed the weather forecast. what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

fizzycyst wrote: »
    MT's early call for snow fall amounts - posted earlier

thanks for that is that alot more than last week i'm sorry but i'm a bit clueless to these things

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

mac80 wrote: »
    I'm in a dilemma ;) I really want snow but am working all next week and christmas and have a 50 mile commute and calling in "Snowed in Sir! " is not really an option in my job.

I suppose if there was a sh1t load of snow nobody would able to work anyway and most places would close ?

I'm in the exact same position!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    missed the weather forecast. what happened?
    Lots of 'weather' expected until the end of the world year.

sorry,no real change to earlier.

Turning colder with rain/hail/sleet/snnooww locally.

channaigh wrote: »
    thanks for that is that alot more than last week i'm sorry but i'm a bit clueless to these things
    I'm not an expert myself, but from reading posts on this forum I think it basically depends on where you are. North and West look like they'll bear the brunt on Thursday/ Friday but after that you'll have to check back here for updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mouseybrown

Select your region from the drop down menu to give it a shake and find out your chances of a White Christmas! Select Scotland Northern Ireland Northern England The Midlands Wales East Anglia Southern England Republic Of Ireland
    30.gif

come on yas all wanna give santa a shake

lol

this is for the republic of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

i'm not whinging:confused::cool: just cant wait to see what/who actually is correct:D ME, UKMO, mt cranium, black briar, weathercheck, beasterly etc...... r my 98yr old aunt who informed me 2day that snow that stays around for a long time is waiting for more snow:eek::rolleyes:

The old people are mad - but very wise mad folk. papa smurf seems to snort in the air & can tell the weather from it. A man of the land so can tell you what the days gonna be like - he said last week he smelt it in the air.. i told him to keep poppin those pills..... True enough he was dead bloody right.... we had a huge influx of seagulls today & thats one thing he always said - they no thicks they come in off the sea when bad weather approaches..... so will wait & see if hes right.... but hes lived through all those bad winters so he knows a thing or 2.... wait & see but listen to the woser folk !

wait & see but listen to the woser folk !
    tell me, where and how can I contact these 'woser folk' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are the chances of being able to get from Wexford to Waterford on Friday morning based on those charts?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gotta travel from Waterford to Carlow on Saturday and back down on Monday. Going to a wedding, one of herself's best friends, so not going isnt an option.

Am I likely to be fooked?

fizzycyst wrote: »
    tell me, where and how can I contact these 'woser folk' :D
    Probably down the pub :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

i have never, i repeat never been so excited about a big dump in my whole life!!!!!!! :D

KevIRL wrote: »
    Gotta travel from Waterford to Carlow on Saturday and back down on Monday. Going to a wedding, one of herself's best friends, so not going isnt an option.

Not unless you go to the wedding with her :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

KevIRL wrote: »

If you have a snowmobile you should make it up the M9 ;)

I'm watching and waiting.... is going to come or not,
    then when it does arrive.... oh will it land or not,
    then when it lands... oh is it going to keep snowing or not...
    What is wrong with me???..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Paddy power ran a competition a few weeks back-suggest a bet and if they put it online you get a €50 bet. I suggested a low temps bet
    still no sign of €50 :mad:. Probably not the only one to suggest it.

On MT's snow fall prediction chart would Offaly fit in to the rest of Leinster prediction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The 18z GFS showing that rain and sleet is what wexford, waterford and cork are in for Sunday-Monday, ah the dissapointment....

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The 18z GFS showing that rain and sleet is what wexford, waterford and cork are in for Sunday-Monday, ah the dissapointment....

No no nooooo:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

*thud - leahyl collapses...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really hope that's true. After next week it can do what it likes (:D) but until then I need to be able to travel until then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Waterford, Wexford and Cork don't worry, GFS Dew points for 12 pm Sunday perfect for snow.

10121912_1418.gif

Hi Beasterly,

Is Sunday/monday a bit too far away too predict snow or rain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

leahyl wrote: »
    *thud - leahyl collapses...

So now wheres the REAL capital aye? :p

* i do feel sorry for ya s all tough! *

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement