Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe weather: Snow and Ice and sub zero temperatures from Thursday

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just heard the Eagle on WLRFM saying that this event wont be as disruptive as our last spell and snow falls will be mainly in the North and North West. :eek:
    How wrong you could be Mr Eagleton :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Timistry wrote: »
    Maybe so in hindsight but if these charts come to pass we are looking at potentially a very serious event.

never man.
    maybe the north and west ,nothing out of the ordinary .they gets it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

gbee wrote: »

Or... or maybe it's the White Witch of Cobh protecting us, maybe we should send her on an all expenses paid holiday somewhere?

Like Hell for being a pretentious fúcking lying cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Just heard the Eagle on WLRFM saying that this event wont be as disruptive as our last spell and snow falls will be mainly in the North and North West. :eek:

He probably means that it wont be as bad in Dublin this time around. Which isnt hard because they got over 12inches of snow. Maybe the rest of the country will have a larger fall of snow this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

WHAT!!!!, this cant be true, no greenland express, no snowmageddon, no -10 by day sub zero temperatures, i dont believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Same old from the GFS and UKMO 12z runs

UKMO going for disruptive snow in the East and South especially on Saturday.

UW120-21.GIF?13-17

Basically it's going to be cold and it's going to snow....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Very supprised he said that, he better hope for a downgarde during the week, or he will have major egg on his face

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

****ing snow. Please **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Very supprised he said that, he better hope for a downgarde during the week, or he will have major egg on his face

egg on a bla ahahahahahaah get it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Pangea wrote: »
    Only Arsenal or Man united fans would appreciate my post :pac: :P

If only we could find a big enough snow drift for Arsenal and Man U fans :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Far be it from me to ever criticise the Eagle but this is a very severe cold spell coming by Irish standards. It may or may not live up to the amounts of snow last week but it is going to last for the forseeable future and be sustained and severe according to the latest model output.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

****ing snow. Please **** off.

I think you've come to the wrong place if you're looking for support in your wishes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

darkman2 wrote: »
    Far be it from me to ever criticise the Eagle but this is a very severe cold spell coming by Irish standards. It may or may not live up to the amounts of snow last week but it is going to last for the forseeable future and be sustained and severe according to the latest model output.

I can't believe the Eagle said that though - especially with the models that are out at the moment - like i thought they can't be sure of anything at this stage so he shouldnt be saying one way or another but if he absolutely had to say something shouldnt he have said that there is a possibility of very severe weather or something to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

13/12/2010 - 15:55:08
    We are heading for another cold snap from Thursday, but we can expect a lot less snow.

A cold front will move down the country from the North bringing freezing temperatures.

While most of the country will avoid the heavy snow of recent weeks, the north west will be hit.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/new-cold-snap-set-for-thursday-485541.html#ixzz180g9Xq6P

Seems to be getting played down by most of media. not that I believe them over the boards.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I think you've come to the wrong place if you're looking for support in your wishes! :pac:

I know. :rolleyes: I had a crappy experience with it at the start of the year, and have lost A/L days with the latest spell. I can't afford to lose any more A/L. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Just ordered a pair of yaktrax and bought a shovel for the car. I really needed them last week! Where's a good place to buy some grit for the boot?

I know. :rolleyes: I had a crappy experience with it at the start of the year, and have lost A/L days with the latest spell. I can't afford to lose any more A/L. :mad:

That's a bit of a b***s alright! Could you not have taken them as sick days no? Well obviously not...stupid question. Not your fault though that you couldnt make it in during the bad weather

giggsirish wrote: »
    We are heading for another cold snap from Thursday, but we can expect a lot less snow.

A cold front will move down the country from the North bringing freezing temperatures.

While most of the country will avoid the heavy snow of recent weeks, the north west will be hit.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/new-cold-snap-set-for-thursday-485541.html#ixzz180g9Xq6P

Seems to be getting played down by most of media. not that I believe them over the boards.

I can understand they dont want to alarm people, and the models could change at the last minute, but if things do get severe its a very silly thing to say there will be very littel snow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I know too well. But you can't stop mother nature!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Are they playing it down or has there been a downgrade ? Maybe one of the experts ( MT, BB etc) might give there ideas on the latest charts for the laymen & women on here ...... We were taking epics & express's here that lasy few days. Still the same or less ? Thanks in advance x

leahyl wrote: »
    That's a bit of a b***s alright! Could you not have taken them as sick days no? Well obviously not...stupid question. Not your fault though that you couldnt make it in during the bad weather

I could have taken them as sick leave days, but I found that out afterwards.

Nobody told me that I could have taken them as CSL days.

If this is a downgrade already i'm very suprised - all the experts on here seem to still be going with the severe weather idea but met eireann now saying that it'll just be the north/northwest??

Who's right??!!:D We shall see....

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Are they playing it down or has there been a downgrade ? Maybe one of the experts ( MT, BB etc) might give there ideas on the latest charts for the laymen & women on here ...... We were taking epics & express's here that lasy few days. Still the same or less ? Thanks in advance x

Darkman has the new charts up go back threw the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Don't worry about us we'll be fine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

If this is a downgrade already i'm very suprised - all the experts on here seem to still be going with the severe weather idea but met eireann now saying that it'll just be the north/northwest??

Who's right??!!:D We shall see....

No matter which side is right, seems we will be happy over here!! :D

I could have taken them as sick leave days, but I found that out afterwards.

Nobody told me that I could have taken them as CSL days.

AAAAWWW shoot aren't they cute now your employers:rolleyes: Well now you know for future - you take them as sick days;)

Avns1s wrote: »
    No matter which side is right, seems we will be happy over here!! :D

SSSSHHH BEGONE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Bottom line, if Dublin is not going to see heavy snow then it's to hell or to (in this case) Connaught for the rest of the country.

This is why the media will not report on this being more than a 'normal' wintry outbreak

• Advertisement

AAAAWWW shoot aren't they cute now your employers:rolleyes: Well now you know for future - you take them as sick days;)

I will, but I've lost days that I could've used over the Christmas period!! :mad::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement