Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blurry Picture with FIFA

Options
  • 13-12-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

This probably should be posted in the Tech section but I'd ask it here as people play FIFA and this is where I notice it most.

I have a 37" Philips TV which is 100 Hz. I have the HD cable that came with the Xbox connected to my TV but the picture is blurry. By blurry I mean that in normal movement, the picture is of good quality but when a long pass or shot is taken, the ball goes very blurry. I would've thought that with 100 Hz TV that for fast movement on the screen that the picture would be crystal clear.

Watching TV, I sometimes see what looks like a Halo around things.

I went to the store I got the TV and they said that the HDMI cables were not good enough but I just wanted to see if anyone else has a similar setup to me and dont have any problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Reganovski wrote: »
    I went to the store I got the TV and they said that the HDMI cables were not good enough but I just wanted to see if anyone else has a similar setup to me and dont have any problems?

I don't know about your setup, but just a quick warning, don't let them talk you into buying new HDMI cables, especially the expensive ones they'll be trying to flog. They're all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheap HDMI leads are just as good as the dear ones,sometimes better-adjust the settings on your tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

zerks wrote: »
    Cheap HDMI leads are just as good as the dear ones,sometimes better-adjust the settings on your tv.

I've been onto Philips before and they suggested to turn off all the settings on the tv but it made no difference.

Good to know that other leads won't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Are you using the Xbox cable that has the 6 connections? If so there is a switch on the cable that switches the output from SD to HD. Its on the connection that plugs into the XBox360. Hope this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Sorry Can't upload the picture for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement