Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs can hold package over 24 hrs??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If you want to burn things you will need the laser to be focusable

Something like this
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.47978

$30, good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

good luck to getting it shipped here though ........ :(

good luck to getting it shipped here though ........ :(

Why? I have had lasers shipped here with out problem. Currently these lasers are perfectly legal.

tuxy wrote: »
    Why? I have had lasers shipped here with out problem. Currently these lasers are perfectly legal.

Laser pens are illegal... period

Laser pens are illegal... period

Not this again! Have you read this thread? mcgovern already tried to say laser pointers were illegal and failed. If they were illegal then there would be legal documentation to back it up. Please stop spreading misinformation.

• Advertisement

Hmmm.. I read quickly and thought your argument wad regarding all lasers and no just pens.... Why are we led to believe they are illegal? Gardai have siezed them in the past but if there is no law then why are they doing that? Trying to make a point maybe. In the wrong hands they are dangerous .. But if there is no law then why would there be any problems??

I'm not sure. There are probably laws that cover endangering other people, which you may be doing if you were using a laser in a public place. Also if you were to shine a pointer at a plane, there is probably a law that covers that but the law would not be specificity about lasers.

Many countries including ones in the EU now have restrictions on the import and sale of lasers, however to the best of my knowledge there is no Irish or Eu law as of yet. I expect this to change eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

crazygeryy wrote: »
    call me dumb but why would a person need one of these?and this is a genuine question im curious what people use them for?

AFAIK astronomy hobbyists sometimes fix lasers to their telescopes to help point it at stuff.

Advertisement