Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Toco (F480) Unlocking

Options
  • 13-12-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hi guys
    I have a Samsung Toco (F480) that I purchased from Three two years ago. I am moving to Meteor and Mrs Bellucio is after buying me a new HTC Desire for christmas. The phone arrived and of course I cant touch it untill christmas day :( So I rang Three "customer service" to get the unlock code so I could transfer my number and use my Meteor sim in that untill Christmas. One of the pre-requistes for three to unlock it is to spend EUR135 since I bought the phone (spend well over that!) and also an "admin charge" of EUR27..Argued this point as AFAIK the provider have to give you unlock code after one year. I was told as a "gesture of goodwill" they would waive that! After that tech services informed me that it would take 5 working days to get the unlock code from Samsung...Surely this isnt right ?? So does anybody know of any free place to unlock the phone, or any s/w that I can download to do it myself? My credit is all gone now and I defo dont want to give them any more after this!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Nope, no dice im afraid, and you will have to wait, or pay for a third party unlock, in fairness to them its not their fault, they do have to get the code

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭bellucio

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Nope, no dice im afraid, and you will have to wait, or pay for a third party unlock, in fairness to them its not their fault, they do have to get the code

I would have thought they would have that to hand TBH. I had the same request with vodafone two years ago and they actually had an automated option when you rang the customer service..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

bellucio wrote: »
    I would have thought they would have that to hand TBH. I had the same request with vodafone two years ago and they actually had an automated option when you rang the customer service..
    Depends on the phone you see

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Depends on the phone you see
    Fair enough.....Cheers Gooch

5 days gone and no luck:mad: Rang "Customer Service" only to be told its on an escalation path and will be dealt with in the next day or two...:eek:
    What a disgrace!
    So p****ed off now, as Mrs bellucio is after getting me a meteor phone and I want to start using that sim card before Christmas,as porting over the number!

• Advertisement
Advertisement