Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon MG6150 Printer

• 13-12-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Looking for some advise, I'm after a photo printer. Price range is around the 200euro mark. After much research the best option seems to be Canon PIXMA MG6150 Wireless All-In-One Printer.

The printer will be dedicated to photo use only so the All-In-One features aren't relevant. Is there a better photo printer for the price?

Note: I won't be printing large volumes and I don't want to limit myself to 6X4 either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

I bought an MP640 (similar enough I think) recently and I'm quite happy with the printer although I actually bought it mostly for the scanner. So far, the only thing I've printed was a black and white print and it did come out with a little colour cast. I think this is quite common though unless the printer has a dedicated grey ink (the MP640 is C/M/Y/Black/Key. I'll be trying the colour printing this week but I'll still be doing most of my printing through online services.

The wireless connection is extremely handy though: I can bring the MP640 downstairs to scan photos and it will automatically upload the images onto my iMac.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

I did two A4 colour prints last night and I'm *very* happy with the results. I feel they're possibly a little better than the prints I'd get from Photobox with the added bonus that I can tweak and reprint easily to ensure I get a good colour match. I can't fault the quality or sharpness.

In hindsight, I'd possibly have gone for the MG6150 myself if I'd known about it because of the advantages of having a grey ink for black and white prints. Oh well, I'm still very happy with the MP640 for the price

Advertisement