Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Help

Options
  • 13-12-2010 1:15pm

No idea if this is the right forum. I have a .fla saved in Flash CS4 and I want to try and export it as an animated GIF. I go to export -> movie and then select "animated gif" and then save my file, yet when I go to preview the image in the browser, it just stays static.

Any ideas? Also, apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Gifs have not been enabled by default in Internet Explorer since version 7.
    They still work in Firefox I believe.

OK - will test in Firefox and see what happens. Nope - logo still stays static. This will be for a website I'm working on, so might it be better if I embed the .swf into the website instead of the .gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I would say yes. Just as easy to set it up as an animated movie clip with progressive images running on the timeline.

My thinking for using an animated GIF is because I'm using something called Joomla to design the site and it would have been easier to embed the image than to embed the .swf. Flash with Joomla is tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

if you have a copy of 'imageready' lying around somewhere try that and see how it turns out. Maybe the problem may lie in the export options in Flash, it could be a work around. I heard that Joomla is difficult enough to use as well so maybe consider using Drupal or another similar program?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The reason the pictures are blurry without the flash is because the camera is using a long exposure. This exaggerates any movement of the subject or camera. Not enough details about your camera to give step by step instructions but here are some general tips

1. Put the camera on a tripod or on a firm surface - don't hold it in your hands. Then use a remote shutter release or the timed release to fire the shutter.
    2. Make sure the subject is not moving
    3. Get as much available light as possible - turn on all the house lights
    4. Increase the ISO setting on your camera to the highest value available
    5. Is it an SLR? Use a lens with as wide an aperture as possible
    6 Dont use the lens at the telephoto end of the zoom
    7 Use a lens with image stabilisation

Winner!

Unfortunately I wasn't talking about a camera flash, but thanks. I was referring to Adobe Flash CS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Naasty

Had the same problem years ago..

There are no good flv - gif converters that im aware of

I havn't tryed it in years but I think photoshop can make gifs now?

Advertisement