Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL - Final

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

me@ucd wrote: »
    yes in telecommunications in the sub career of telemarketing :)

Thus my point....

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Wow! Great! Michelle will be doing a lap dancing gig in Bills showroom to flog the motors!! btw the salary is partly paid by the shows sponsors and product placement entities so it's no real big deal for the winner. Would you really think Cullen would pay 100,00 yoyos to this lass??! the most dragged out crappiest excuse of a show ever, it's embarrassing to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

brousuka wrote: »
    Wow! Great! Michelle will be doing a lap dancing gig in Bills showroom to flog the motors!! btw the salary is partly paid by the shows sponsors and product placement entities so it's no real big deal for the winner. Would you really think Cullen would pay 100,00 yoyos to this lass??! the most dragged out crappiest excuse of a show ever, it's embarrassing to say the least!

It wouldn't surprise me....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,486 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What a load of sour grapes.

How do you know how the salary is paid?

I really enjoyed the show this year, there was some great drama in the boardroom and I think Michelle was the deserved winner.

I don't know what you find embarrassing about it, maybe the product placement....that's normal on all versions of The Apprentice worldwide apart from the BBC because of advertising rules that apply to them. Get over it, that's the way of the commercial world nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Its fairly obvious shes in it for the "fame" a wanna be model ,dancer , Auditioned for Pb tv ..Has been commented by other contestants that she plays up to the cameras ...

She will leave bill within 6 months

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

I really enjoyed the show this year, there was some great drama in the boardroom and I think Michelle was the deserved winner.

I don't know what you find embarrassing about it, maybe the product placement....that's normal on all versions of The Apprentice worldwide apart from the BBC because of advertising rules that apply to them. Get over it, that's the way of the commercial world nowadays.

Hows the goin Brian Purcell?! good to hear from yous!

Hows the goin Brian Purcell?! good to hear from yous!

Sorry??? Could you retype that in English please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well United won, what's up here?

jimthemental reported for posting a spoiler :D.

Sorry??? Could you retype that in English please?

Just quoting Bills way of saying t(h)ings!......... and how do You know that (the sponsors) are NOT paying the winners salary for a year? come on seriously you hardly think that BC is goin to shell out 100k? I have no problem whatsoever with product placement or any other commercial gain on tv, that's what these shows are all about ffs. It's just that the crassness and cringeworthy content of this production befalls me as a licence payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I thought that Niamh had it in the bag. Michelle is well stacked though.

• Advertisement

Just quoting Bills way of saying t(h)ings!......... and how do You know that (the sponsors) are NOT paying the winners salary for a year? come on seriously you hardly think that BC is goin to shell out 100k? I have no problem whatsoever with product placement or any other commercial gain on tv, that's what these shows are all about ffs. It's just that the crassness and cringeworthy content of this production befalls me as a licence payer.

Sorry didn't realise you were mimicking Bill.

How do you know how the salary is paid, and what does it matter?

Don't see what crassness and cringeworthy content you are referring too.

I thought this year there were some great rows in the boardroom that made great TV. Also prefer contestants on Irish version who are less in awe of Bill Cullen than contestants on BBC show who just say 'Yes Lord Sugar' every couple of minutes.

As for licence payer comment, totally irrelevant as it's a TV 3 Show with no license fee funding

I have only 2 criticisms of show:

1) Bill is full of contradictions and you are damned if you do or don't with him
    2) Because each week is a sponsered event, there are too many advertising/marketing tasks. Because they work with a finished product each week there is not enough tasks involving contestants taking something from complete scratch and going out and selling it.

Even so, I still enjoy it and hope there is a series next year!

stepbar wrote: »
    Niamh... Bit overrated... I'd like to know exactly what she did before the apprentice.... Marketing "Co-ordinator" sounds like a load of horse **** to me....

I dont think she was overrated at all.

She struck me as the better of the two candidates and I believed she'd win it.

Sorry didn't realise you were mimicking Bill.

Even so, I still enjoy it and hope there is a serious next year!

Yes, i hope that it can be serious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

eh, did Bill not say something like 'you're both getting a brand new Renault Megane Coupe for 2011'? That could mean that they're just getting a loan of a car for 2011 and have to give it back at the end of year...there'll be no feeling of glamour when the repo lads come a callin'!

Even Clay Davis would call that blatant wedging of a product placement in right at the series finale 'some shameful sh1t', but feck it, I still hit them remote buttons to switch it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KM88

NickDrake wrote: »
    Why did Bill ask her if she was just in it for the media?

She was pole dancing in club and went to try and work for Playboy TV at a young age. All of this seems troubled to me.

Also family troubles never go away. Furthermore she is a MASSIVE drama queen

I just think she is a big big gamble and a poor choice

Jeez, you're a seriously oul' fella Nick. Are you Gavin Duffy's older brother by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Michelle was on Newstalk a few minutes ago and said her experience was in "selling broadband".
    Jackie also said the winner would be looking at e-marketing and online sales for the car showrooms, hotel and trainung centre ....... So they're only about 5 years behind the rest of the world :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

eh, did Bill not say something like 'you're both getting a brand new Renault Megane Coupe for 2011'? That could mean that they're just getting a loan of a car for 2011 and have to give it back at the end of year...

That's the way I picked it up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I see "Ger-dal-dine" from last years show popping up on lots of TV3 shows as a commentator.

I would say Michelle would nearly have preferred to have come second and then try and pursue the same type of career as Ger-dal-dine.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I wasn't online last night so couldn't post what I'm about to write; were I the head of Daddy's Business School and on tv trying to promote it as an educational establishment, I would at least learn how to pronounce the word 'alumni' before I used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I wasn't online last night so couldn't post what I'm about to write; were I the head of Daddy's Business School and on tv trying to promote it as an educational establishment, I would at least learn how to pronounce the word 'alumni' before I used it.

Don't diss Gerry, I went there and he is a sound bloke, good craic, and a damn good teacher, without being a bore. Gerry is a very down to earth bloke, so what if he has an accent, sure who doesn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Do you work for TV3? The whole show was an embarrasement from the shameless product placement, Bill's 'penny apple persona' babbling on about how hard he works, the very lame candidates.
    Michelle was always going to win yesterday because she is good at sales, and that is all Bill wants, sure wasn't he on the radio yesterday complimenting Steve on the 286 cars he sold this year(along with reminding us that he was up at 4am doing his exercises,) she wouldn't have lasted a week in the English one, she wasn't a patch on Liz who got fired in 6th place by Lord Sugar.

It sums up Ireland at the moment with the last 2 winners being English, TV3 have taken a good idea and managed to fcuk it up once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Even Clay Davis would call that blatant wedging of a product placement in right at the series finale 'some shameful sh1t', but feck it, I still hit them remote buttons to switch it on...

Would that not have been more like shhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, I mean, considering it was coming from Clay Davis's mouth!!

I hit the remote too... unfortunately, but no more, if it's on next year i won't be following it like i have in the past. Unless they get rid of the Cullen knob that is.

I think I'd pick Michael O'Leary
    Who would you like to see host?

eh, did Bill not say something like 'you're both getting a brand new Renault Megane Coupe for 2011'? That could mean that they're just getting a loan of a car for 2011 and have to give it back at the end of year...there'll be no feeling of glamour when the repo lads come a callin'!..

yea, think he said you will be driving a brand new Renault for 2011. On 100k a year I think I'd have told him to shove it and got meself a Merc. Hell on 30k a year I'd not be seen dead in one of them!

Opened up a paper today to see a pic of Michelle as the winner and I thought I recognised her! I worked with her a few years back.
    She is good craic on the piss, I have some very funny/interesting stories (sorry but will not be shared) ....however she is absolutely desperate for attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Opened up a paper today to see a pic of Michelle as the winner and I thought I recognised her! I worked with her a few years back.
    She is good craic on the piss, I have some very funny/interesting stories (sorry but will not be shared) ....however she is absolutely desperate for attention!

Hmmm, maybe she was in it for the media spotlight, there was a reason Bill asked that question. She didnt answer it too convincingly either tbf.

But there's Bill for ya, going with his gut instinct :rolleyes:

Sure it'd probably be easier to terminate Michelle's contract after 6 months than safe and steady Niamh...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Look at it this way:
    Bill owns a training centre, a hotel and a few car showrooms.
    Now, in all seriousness, how many of the staff in those businesses are on €100k a year?
    I would imagine Brian might be on that sort of money and maybe one or two of the top staff but that's about it. Even then, I doubt Bill got rich by offering extravagant wage packages.

And then we're expected to believe that he will run a gameshow over a period of 4-5 weeks, consisting of medja-whores, dole-queuers and attention seekers, hire one of them after they've run a series of semi-successful cheap-ass ads for the TV show and pay them €100k a year?

Again, he's been in business a long time!!!

If he had desperately wanted a marketing executive to help Glencullen increase their online profile and sales, he could have gone to a marketing agency.

telekon wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe she was in it for the media spotlight, there was a reason Bill asked that question. She didnt answer it too convincingly either tbf.

But there's Bill for ya, going with his gut instinct :rolleyes:

Sure it'd probably be easier to terminate Michelle's contract after 6 months than safe and steady Niamh...

That'd be more his instinct alright.

Perhaps a lot of people will disagree with me on this but I believe that he has made the wrong decision. I believe that Niamh was the better of the two candidates with more potential. Whether or not Michelle goes on to that media career that Bill speaks of we'll just have to wait and see but simply on the basis of what was in front of him I think he made the wrong decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Perhaps a lot of people will disagree with me on this but I believe that he has made the wrong decision. I believe that Niamh was the better of the two candidates with more potential. Whether or not Michelle goes on to that media career that Bill speaks of we'll just have to wait and see but simply on the basis of what was in front of him I think he made the wrong decision.

No I agree. Considering she was only 23 and out of college just one year she was very impressive.

I thought it was prity close but I would have hired Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Heroditas wrote: »
    So Michelle says she doesn't want to be stuck in sales ... yet she wants to work for a guy who sells cars and has a hotel. Riiiiight :rolleyes:

Double True! I give her 3 months before she walks after having to promote Bill's "on liyon business and e-chommmerce"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You must not forget a lot of work experience and life experiences is what will win hands down when it comes to jobs like that. He had a choice of a between a girl who had a university education and little work experience and just out of college, safe, predictable, not a risky taker but older beyond her years and a girl who had no university education, a lot of different and many jobs, loads of work experience and life experience behind her who is a risk taker and is up front, stands up for herself, determined and motivated!

It was a tough choice, I'd have picked Niamh based on her abilities and being hard working but there were aspects to her personality that didn't shine through, while Michelle I think deserved to win, she had the qualities that Bill wanted. She had gone through so much during the series and worked very hard to prove it to Bill she is the one for the job. She showed her true colours and showed what she was made of and guess that is what won him over! They were both bright and creative enough and share similarities in abilities and personality but Michelle just had that edge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I see "Ger-dal-dine" from last years show popping up on lots of TV3 shows as a commentator.

I would say Michelle would nearly have preferred to have come second and then try and pursue the same type of career as Ger-dal-dine.

You're a funny bloke aren't you, taking the piss out of someone's accent, well done you!

As for Michelle, she genuinely seemed to me like the bst candidate throughout the show. Then again that's probably what they wanted you to think all along, you never know with these reality TV shows.

Advertisement