Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL - Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

fricatus wrote: »
    Niamh is the real winner. She has a new car with no strings attached!

She gets to drive a car for a year. They dont keep them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Luis21 wrote: »
    She gets to drive a car for a year. They dont keep them.

I'd take a car for a year over no car at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Outside of the UK Apprentice the whole Survivor/Mark Burnett format pales in comparison to the original (speaking of, Survivor Samoa's on TG4 tonight).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Feckfox

You must not forget a lot of work experience and life experiences is what will win hands down when it comes to jobs like that. He had a choice of a between a girl who had a university education and little work experience and just out of college, safe, predictable, not a risky taker but older beyond her years and a girl who had no university education, a lot of different and many jobs, loads of work experience and life experience behind her who is a risk taker and is up front, stands up for herself, determined and motivated!

It was a tough choice, I'd have picked Niamh based on her abilities and being hard working but there were aspects to her personality that didn't shine through, while Michelle I think deserved to win, she had the qualities that Bill wanted. She had gone through so much during the series and worked very hard to prove it to Bill she is the one for the job. She showed her true colours and showed what she was made of and guess that is what won him over! They were both bright and creative enough and share similarities in abilities and personality but Michelle just had that edge!

It's called The Apprentice and they encourage people to enter no matter what their background is. Experience or no experience. What's the point of any young person or any recent graduate applying for the show if they are just going to get rejected because of a lack of experience against someone who has sold broadband for 10 years?

I see a few problems basing it on experience.

Michelle's experience is all in one place. She admitted that she want to get into something different. Stuff she has no experience in. This puts her on the same position as Niamh.

If it all comes down to two equal candidates except one has experience and the other doesn't, how on earth are they equal? The one with more experience should be able to show it and therefore come out way higher than the one without experience.

I think it a better final would have been Niamh and Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

stevieob wrote: »
    Don't diss Gerry, I went there and he is a sound bloke, good craic, and a damn good teacher, without being a bore. Gerry is a very down to earth bloke, so what if he has an accent, sure who doesn't?

Being able to pronounce the word correctly has nothing to do with his accent, which I didn't pass comment on. I can't even recall what he said exactly, it was so far off 'alumni'. I'm just saying it's not the best advertisement for an educational establishment that it's spokesperson can't even pronounce the word 'alumni' correctly. I can't believe you disagree on that point? Had I attended Daddy's Business School, I'd be mortified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Disappointed to see an English person hired by Bill as his Apprentice, what chance do any of us have if Mister Irish through and through isn't putting faith in people like Niamh.

I did think Niamh shone through from a very early stage and hope she goes on to be very successful.

I was also thinking, it would suit Michelle best to come second, could have seen her advance in the media world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

martyoo wrote: »
    No I agree. Considering she was only 23 and out of college just one year she was very impressive.

I thought it was prity close but I would have hired Niamh.

id of hired her too,
    and id have given her the finger, actually cum to think of it, id of given her more than the finger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Heroditas wrote: »
    Michelle was on Newstalk a few minutes ago and said her experience was in "selling broadband".
    Jackie also said the winner would be looking at e-marketing and online sales for the car showrooms, hotel and trainung centre ....... So they're only about 5 years behind the rest of the world :rolleyes:

Ya as I said. Selling broadband by ringing you up on the phone.

Call centre is where she worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Opened up a paper today to see a pic of Michelle as the winner and I thought I recognised her! I worked with her a few years back.
    She is good craic on the piss, I have some very funny/interesting stories (sorry but will not be shared) ....however she is absolutely desperate for attention!

Ya she strikes me as someone who loves a night out. I cannot see her working weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

NickDrake wrote: »
    Ya as I said. Selling broadband by ringing you up on the phone.

Call centre is where she worked.

She started in residential telesales in a company, worked her way up to a team leader position, then onto sales manager. She then moved to a different company where she was a corporate account manager (corporate sales).

Not everyone that works in telecoms sales works in a call centre!!

I know I know her so I'm probably biased but fair ****s to her. I'd like to see you lot going on about her 'troubled past' leave home at 15 with nothing and go on to win something like that. And yes, it's only an Irish tv show with bill Cullen blah blah blah - but I'd love to see how far you got :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

only watched it today. a bit surprised with result. watch out Jackie, Bill might be after a younger bit of botix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cringeworthy stuff at the end with the blatant advertising for Renault when the cars were being handed over.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Just watching it now. Can totally see why Michelle picked Tara first. She probably wanted some female on her team and twas her or red coat!

The end was a bit of an anti-climax in comparison with the bells and ribbons over on X Factor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 D Boyo

Being able to pronounce the word correctly has nothing to do with his accent, which I didn't pass comment on. I can't even recall what he said exactly, it was so far off 'alumni'. I'm just saying it's not the best advertisement for an educational establishment that it's spokesperson can't even pronounce the word 'alumni' correctly. I can't believe you disagree on that point? Had I attended Daddy's Business School, I'd be mortified.

Sorry Butters but Daddy's business school is that what people call it? :)

Just a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

D Boyo wrote: »
    Sorry Butters but Daddy's business school is that what people call it? :)

Just a bit lost.

It is the Dublin Business School, but colloquially it is known as Daddy's Business School, as in Daddy will buy your degree for you princess because you couldn't get the points for a real University....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

It is the Dublin Business School, but colloquially it is known to as Daddy's Business School, as in Daddy will buy your degree for you princess because you couldn't get the points for a real University....

Also known as Dumb Blondes School. There are a couple more out there too

It is the Dublin Business School, but colloquially it is known to as Daddy's Business School, as in Daddy will buy your degree for you princess because you couldn't get the points for a real University....

i'm no princess and Daddy didn't "buy" my degree for me there. I paid my own way with a part time job

i'm no princess and Daddy didn't "buy" my degree for me there. I paid my own way with a part time job

Turn the sensitivity settings down there, it's only a nickname for the place.

I'm sure the schools around your area when you were growing up had a disparaging nickname for your school, it's the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 D Boyo

Anyway the last show was terrible, it really does pale in comparison when compared to the Beeb's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

D Boyo wrote: »
    Anyway the last show was terrible, it really does pale in comparison when compared to the Beeb's show.

Agreed, calibre of candidates especially.

FFS, the last two 'Irish' winners now have been English.

Is this saying something i wonder? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

telekon wrote: »

More time spent watching a terrible show? Odd.

Anyway, not sure you can read too much into that. There was very little between the finalists for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

gatecrash wrote: »
    Also known as Dumb Blondes School. There are a couple more out there too

I have always heard it being called Didn't bother studying :p

Luckycharm wrote: »

be careful there lucky....Stevie will be out to get ya!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

FadeStGal wrote: »
    More time spent watching a terrible show? Odd.

Anyway, not sure you can read too much into that. There was very little between the finalists for a start.

I agreed that the last show was terrible, not the series.

I like the apprentice, but I think the english version is far superior. you should take a second to think about people's posts before shooting your mouth off. :rolleyes:

Getting abuse from a Fade Street fan...oh, the irony! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LouiseMcNa

So Bill, who tells us what a great race we are, and how we can work our way out of this recession - still believes we need some English people to lead the way. I am not anti English as I have friends there and like the English. But it does say something that two English contestants and two winners. Are Irish people not up to a good enough standard? Personally I thought Niamh was very good, never flustered and would have been great. Does he not remember the state Michelle got into when she could not remember what happened to the 20 she had given back to Dave 'Wheres the Cashman. Stressed and in tears, also think she hung Bardy out to dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

telekon wrote: »

I believe this time around the Irish candidate appeared to be the stronger of the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

LouiseMcNa wrote: »
    So Bill, who tells us what a great race we are, and how we can work our way out of this recession - still believes we need some English people to lead the way. I am not anti English as I have friends there and like the English. But it does say something that two English contestants and two winners. Are Irish people not up to a good enough standard? Personally I thought Niamh was very good, never flustered and would have been great. Does he not remember the state Michelle got into when she could not remember what happened to the 20 she had given back to Dave 'Wheres the Cashman. Stressed and in tears, also think she hung Bardy out to dry.

I also believe that Niamh was the stronger of the two candidates.

I think the fact that the last two winners have been English is played up a little. Who really cares?

Barry hung Himself out to dry. I'm sure you've seen the articles outlining Barrys rather colourful business career. It was probably decided quickly that Bill Cullen really didnt need the boot into Barry during those interviews when he had the ammo to get him out relatively painlessly to all parties involved

Luckycharm wrote: »

gatecrash wrote: »
    be careful there lucky....Stevie will be out to get ya!! :P

oh no gatecrash, luckycharm got it in one! i went there alright!!!

oh no gatecrash, luckycharm got it in one! i went there alright!!!

hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Tara walked past me in Mcgowans on sat

Advertisement