Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beggar on Grafton St with no shoes/socks

Options
  • 13-12-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Anybody seen this guy? Always has his jumper over his knees and no shoes or socks on? Anybody else think this a clear act to get people to feel sorry for him and therefore get more money? BS if you ask me, I reckon even if you gave him a pair of shoes, he wouldn't wear them.

Thoughts/comments/angry posts condemning my opinion welcomed :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

think I read about this guy.
    Some woman was left in tears after buying him some shoes and getting them thrown back at her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Does he have a big beard? If so, I emailed one of the charities about him a few week ago. They got back to me saying they sent someone out to him, but "with no results".

I'm thinking that it is for more symapathy/change. It's not going to do him any good in the long run, he'll just get sick or lose a toe or something. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Poor guy, maybe he just wants to get his wife a pair of Diamond Earrings, or possibly a new house,any chance his sign said Coke and Pepsi are the same thing or was he singing Mr Bojangles.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Apparently he strolls up wearing shoes then takes them off and hides them behind him.it's all a big sympathy act,nobody is that poor in this country that they have no shoes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Inbox wrote: »
    Apparently he strolls up wearing shoes then takes them off and hides them behind him.it's all a big sympathy act,nobody is that poor in this country that they have no shoes.

+1, he's sitting on his shoes. They get whipped out fairly quickly when trouble arrives (other beggars moving in on his pitch).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Sounds like the guy that was briefly outside Pearse station, has moved on since mustn't have been making money. Majority of them on the streets are Roma beggars that are born to beg it's as simple as that. They are cleaning up, if you want to give to beggars at least give to the people selling The Big Issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If he's rich enough for those new invisible MBT's! The nerve!

Yeah, think I read this before as a scam\throwing his shoes at a lady. Too lazy to do a search though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

kevthecelt wrote: »
    Anybody seen this guy? Always has his jumper over his knees and no shoes or socks on? Anybody else think this a clear act to get people to feel sorry for him and therefore get more money? BS if you ask me, I reckon even if you gave him a pair of shoes, he wouldn't wear them.

You seem like a curious enough guy, no need to speculate, Why don't you go over and speak to him the next time you are passing by. Give him a euro in exchange for the story of "barefoot in winter", it will make interesting reading for the rest of us.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

The fact that people here have already backed up my curiosity saying that he sits on his shoes...and judging by another story he doesn't even seem approachable and is even aggressive, I think your suggestion is typical of a reply I expected on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dangerousdavem

seensensee wrote: »
    You seem like a curious enough guy, no need to speculate, Why don't you go over and speak to him the next time you are passing by. Give him a euro in exchange for the story of "barefoot in winter", it will make interesting reading for the rest of us.

Cheers.

Well you seem curious enough yourself seeing as you are posting in response to this thread so maybe you should go and speak to him next time you are in town. Or maybe you prefer to spend your life hiding behind a computer screen.........

• Advertisement

kevthecelt wrote: »

I think your suggestion is typical of a reply I expected on this thread.

You're welcome too:p:p:p

Well you seem curious enough yourself seeing as you are posting in response to this thread so maybe you should go and speak to him next time you are in town. Or maybe you prefer to spend your life hiding behind a computer screen.........

How did you guess my preference? Regardless, I was talking to a beggar a few weeks ago, it's no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Stupid thread about a beggar with no runners is a non-runner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement