Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tae Kwon Do Cork - pay per class

• 13-12-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any pay per class taekwondo classes in Cork? Preferably ITF or close to ITF brand tkd.

I am looking for an adult class. I have trained up to blue belt some years back and would like to get back however as with a lot of people I am sure my circumstances have changed somewhat over the past few years. I am doing a lot of travelling and long hours at work to cover recent staff cuts... There are months I could make all classes and months I might only make 1. I can't really afford to be paying for classes I am not attending at the moment.

There seems to be plenty of Judo and Aikido classes offering pay per class - anyone know of a Tae kwon do school doing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Bujinkan

Why don't you approach the club and speak to the instructor and explain your circumstances? I run a club where you pay by the month but will and do make exceptions for people with cash flow problems. If you don't ask you won't get an answer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Bujinkan wrote: »
    Why don't you approach the club and speak to the instructor and explain your circumstances? I run a club where you pay by the month but will and do make exceptions for people with cash flow problems. If you don't ask you won't get an answer!!!!

Yep, I've done that. Not exactly with the begging bowl saying I can't afford the full month mind you!! but I dropped in to a few and explained my story, how I am frequently away with work and a pay per class setup would suit me better.. none of them were interested in doing it though...

I do see their point, bills have to be paid and all that. Pay per class is all the rage in Judo and Aikido in Cork though so I just said I'd put it out there and see if there was anything similar in TKD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tehol

Blackrock in Cork is pay as you go. €5 per class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

Brooklodge(glanmire)/Jee goo ( wilton)

Classes are interlinked. They prefer a monthly rate of €40 but I'm pretty sure its €5 per week. Monday and wednesday in brooklodge and tuesdays and Thursdays in wilton

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Thanks a lot guys.

Will definitely check them out. Are ye training in either school yourselves? Are there a decent adult class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

I train mainly in Brooklodge sometimes in wilton!
    Em theres a good age range there, adult group is 15+.
    Plenty of above 20's and a hand full of above 30's.
    Also If you check out the website you'll see the copious amount of achievements of club has got over the years! Top quality teaching there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tehol

Good few adults in the club + good atmosphere. Club is back training from 10th Jan, Mondays & Wednesdays. You should call in and have a chat with the instructors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

dahayeser wrote: »
    Hi,

I am wondering if there is any pay per class taekwondo classes in Cork? Preferably ITF or close to ITF brand tkd.

I am looking for an adult class. I have trained up to blue belt some years back and would like to get back however as with a lot of people I am sure my circumstances have changed somewhat over the past few years. I am doing a lot of travelling and long hours at work to cover recent staff cuts... There are months I could make all classes and months I might only make 1. I can't really afford to be paying for classes I am not attending at the moment.

There seems to be plenty of Judo and Aikido classes offering pay per class - anyone know of a Tae kwon do school doing this?

Thanks

what part of cork city are you living in?

Advertisement