Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business idea for student project

Options
  • 13-12-2010 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Girls,

Looking for your help with my final year project.

We have to come up with a new business idea for the Irish market.

Our idea is to find a solution to relieve the pain and discomfort caused by high heels, felt by many girls after a long night out on the town. We have decided to provide vending machines in pubs and clubs across the country containing flat shoes which girls can purchase to end their night in comfort and style. We will even provide you with a bag to carry your heels home in.

We would offer them in a variety of sizes and colours and they would be priced between €8-€10.

We are aware of a company in the UK and one in Germany with a similar business but are currently not aware of any competitor in the Irish market.

Is this a problem you experience on a regular basis? Would you buy them? What price would you be willing to pay (taking into account the fact that they can be reused)? Any feedback you could give us would be great!

Many Thanks,

Sorcha :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

In this recessionary market, I doubt that there would be much interest. Perhaps after recovery.

One market you might consider that is similar, but for both genders. Cheap slip-on cloth fabric slippers for going through pre-boarding airline security inspections, where they make passengers remove their shoes to be scanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 boniberi

yeah i think its a deadly idea. it happens all the time, I think it happens every girl really... start with coppers! Ive never seen it in Ireland but hopefully I will soon! best of luck with it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

a friend of mine looked at his and found that there were a couple of major obstacles

1) cost of vending machines is high
    2) adapting most existing machines that would be in a bar/nightclub did not work due to size of shoes Vs exisiting products dispensed (smokes, condoms, mints, etc)
    3) bar/nightclub will want, quite rightly, a cut

all of which added up to selling a ridiculous quantity to break even.....

Not trying to rain on your parade, just pointing these out - the prices may have changed dramatically in last couple of years (when my friend did his sums)

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ClodaghMolloy

That is a brilliant idea - a friend of mine in London was talking about seeing it over there in a club and I thought itwould be great here!! I love my heels but sometimes the pain by the end of night is cruel - I would easily pay 10 eur to be comfy - beats walking home barefoot!!

Good luck - hope to see them soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 diarmaid21

Hi,
    Just wondering if you ended up going ahead with this idea, If so, how did you get on? I thought of doing it, and came across this thread during my research..

• Advertisement
Advertisement