Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap sim free phones

Options
  • 13-12-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

hi guys,

anywhere on the east side where i can get a cheap sim free phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Only place to get sim free phones is that place in Corbett Court, phones aren't cheap though. I had a goo the other day, and they're at least a tenner more expensive than in Carphone Warehouse or the like.

Best bet is to purchase a phone locked to whatever network and look into getting it unlocked independently. You didn't hear it from me though.

<_<

>_>

guy above the joke shop is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Not sure bout the east side but Zhivago have been selling cheap sim free phones starting at around €30 if that's any help. They are pretty terrible phones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Is every Carphone Warhouse phone not sold unlocked? That is definitely the case in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Dunnes usually have unlocked Nokias for around € 30.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

yeehaw wrote: »
    Is every Carphone Warhouse phone not sold unlocked? That is definitely the case in the UK.

No, you can buy sim-free phones there but if you purchase a phone on a certain network it is definitely locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

spender.j wrote: »
    No, you can buy sim-free phones there but if you purchase a phone on a certain network it is definitely locked.

Carphone Warehouse has about 2 phones that are unlocked, and they're pretty cack. Cheap but not cheerful.

Advertisement