Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Present for Girlfriend

• 13-12-2010 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Any ideas?

ipod, holiday out of the question

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Include a card with your present, but not mass produced Hallmark moment rubbish. Creatively write a bit of poetry that's personal between you and her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Perfume is always well received, try and find out from her friends or family what she likes or check her dressing table.

Do not attempt to buy lingerie as you will get the wrong size and she'll be offended
    "What, you think I'm THAT size?" and you'll be spending the festivities on your tod, and don't go buying pyjamas unless you think she'd like them.

Jewellery's another option and Pandora bracelets are all the rage, although these can be expensive- H.Samuel do their own version called Chamlia and they're really pretty.

If she's into books, there's another option, but really, you can't go wrong with perfume or jewellery.

happy Christmas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

calender with all the photos of you and her you shared over the year, girls love that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emu83

Sign up to www.citydeal.ie and www.ibood.com they offer great deals daily and for a fraction of the price. I got loads of my pressies there.

I like the photo calendar idea too from akamossie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 av8r10

all great ideas but shes spending 250+ for mine, was gonna get her an ipad but dont think she'll use that,
    any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Emu83

What is your budget?

Digital camera? Thomas Sabo have loads of nice jewellery and are reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Make and Do

Voucher for Monart Spa..........she might take you ;))
    I would love to recieve this as a gift ;)
    http://www.monart.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 av8r10

300 or so, see where going to lanzarote in january, that spa looks pretty epic..she has a thomas sabo bracelet there really nice actually...ye wat would a you guys love 2 get that costs 300e in and around???

thanks again4 all the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

You cant go far wrong with perfume, boxsets, or jewelery tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

av8r10 wrote: »
    ye wat would a you guys love 2 get that costs 300e in and around???

Personally, I would avoid Pandora/ other charm bracelets. They're so common and a bit of a cop out with the idea that you can get her a charm for every other special occasion.
    I love experiences as presents- where memories are created. Bring her on a weekend away, organise activities she likes to do or book her into a spa for a day.
    In my opinion, perfume is something you get someone when you can't think of anything else. Unless she specifically asked for it, don't get it. And I think it's important not to choose a perfume for her. Everyone is different, and each perfume smells different on each girl.
    If you can't think of one big thing for your budget, you could make up a hamper with small things she likes- books, CDs, DVDs, maybe a cute hat and scarf set for the winter, bottle of wine/ Champagne, small piece of jewelry etc. It would show that you really know her to get her loads of bits that she loves.
    One thing my boyfriend did for me a few years ago was buy me loads of bath stuff, creams, exfoliators, massage oil, masks etc from Body Shop/ L' Occitaine and gave them to me as a gift. I love a bit of pampering so was chuffed but then he told me that he would be bringing me to a posh hotel that night for dinner, and then he would (..get me drunk!), run me a bath, give me a massage etc. I still think it was one of the nicest pressies ever. That was stuff that I love but you could amend it for your girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

How about buying a handag then filling it with Perfume and bath stuff.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thread Moved.

OP have a look through this forum, there are many threads about presents for Girlfriends I imagine. On top of that, no one is going to be able to think of as good a present as you. Take what she's interested/her hobby and buy her a few thoughtful presents based on that.

A few thoughtful cheap(ish) presents > Some random expensive present

Advertisement