Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a company block porting?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

One of my phones is with Vodafone...

I'm ***king sick of their website having errors every few clicks, and once I was able to see another customers details online (when they wer stetting up vodafone at home)

I'd like to port to emobile...

However I have 15months I think left on vodafone bill pay

can they block me porting out?

or can anyone port anytime and the old provider treats chasing you for money as a seperate issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I think they can stop you porting if you have not paid you bill or owe money on your account.

If your account is 0.00 you will port and get a final bill of monthly contract multiply x 15 ouch!

Why not at least switch down to lowest tarrif before porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Your port can be blocked if for example you have a bill thats outstanding i.e. if you still hadnt paid June or July bill. However if you got say your november bill and it is due to be paid say by December 21st, you can port up to this date basically. You will then get a bill with termination charges (if applicable) and your normal bill up til the date you ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Your port can be blocked if for example you have a bill thats outstanding i.e. if you still hadnt paid June or July bill. However if you got say your november bill and it is due to be paid say by December 21st, you can port up to this date basically. You will then get a bill with termination charges (if applicable) and your normal bill up til the date you ported.
    This is true!

Advertisement