Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Started

• 13-12-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    Got my first bike this week, Honda 90
    Getting it ready for the road by summer.

anyways heres why im posting,
    will my first learner permit cover me to ride it?
    and wheres the best place to insure it? (im 21 so cheap insurance means more to me than life itself!)
    and is gettin a bike permit the same as getting a car one?

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

jerrehpips wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Got my first bike this week, Honda 90
    Getting it ready for the road by summer.

anyways heres why im posting,
    will my first learner permit cover me to ride it?
    and wheres the best place to insure it? (im 21 so cheap insurance means more to me than life itself!)
    and is gettin a bike permit the same as getting a car one?

Thanks for reading :)

There are 4 insurance companies available at the moment:
    Quinn
    AON
    Carole Nash
    Adelaide

If you don't have your permit yet you will need to do the Initial Basic Training, see here for information on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hey everyone,
    Got my first bike this week, Honda 90...will my first learner permit cover me to ride it?

I might be wrong but do you mean your car LP? If so, then no, it's an all new A or A1 LP you'll need with the IBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jerrehpips

cantdecide wrote: »
    I might be wrong but do you mean your car LP? If so, then no, it's an all new A or A1 LP you'll need with the IBT.

Sorry was a bit vague there. have a full car licence so i know to do my theory all over again for a bike.
    but you know the way your first permit will only licence you to a certain cc, 90cc should be okay on the first permit?

RosieJoe wrote: »
    There are 4 insurance companies available at the moment:
    Quinn
    AON
    Carole Nash
    Adelaide

If you don't have your permit yet you will need to do the Initial Basic Training, see here for information on it.

Thanks for that, the info's really helpful too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sorry was a bit vague there. have a full car licence so i know to do my theory all over again for a bike.
    but you know the way your first permit will only licence you to a certain cc, 90cc should be okay on the first permit?
    Yeah its well under the restriction. Go in and ask them about getting your old permit back(tell them you had a bike permit until you passed the car test), you might just be able to bullsh1t your way around IBT ;)

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    you might just be able to bullsh1t your way around IBT ;)

I love it :D Cheers for that!

Advertisement